Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-08 09:21:19

**_mobcdi_**

Connect 8 Seperate Content Folder from Installation directory

Is there a way to move the meeting contents folder out from the installation directory path so it can be placed on its own local disk.

Currently its located in the installation directory
My reason is that my connect server is virtualised and I would like to locate the content on a separate virtual disk so i have the option if needed of moving that virtual disk to other storage without major alterations to the connect environment

It would also make backup and restore easier in a non clustered environment

Any suggestions as to how i could do that if there isn't a setting I can change?

#2 2010-12-09 00:49:43

**_Purnima_**

Re: Connect 8 Seperate Content Folder from Installation directory

In localhost:8510/ Console->  server setting you have option of shared storage which backups all the assets(content) at the shared location.

You can also add this to custom.ini. The shared location must have read and write access.

HiH
Purnima

#3 2010-12-09 02:36:05

**_mobcdi_**

In my use case the content would not be shared as there would be 1 connect server.
The contents would be stored on a different partition to the application files for greater flexibility and to allow if needed a larger content disk to be used without the need to re install or is that the recommended procedure when the application and content drive fills up from usage and needs to grow

#4 2010-12-10 08:13:53

**_mobcdi_**

Could it be possible to use this mount point feature http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/datacenter/?p=383

If I stop all Adobe Connect programs and services
Delete/Move the existing breeze/content folder
Mount the local disk as outlined in the link above to the breeze/contents folder
Re-add the contents back
Re-start the services

Would this be supported?/workable? solution

As pointed out elsewhere
Reasons to use mount points
When working with an application that has a fixed drive letter requirement, yet a dynamic growth requirement: This is sometimes referred to as

#5 2010-12-14 12:18:35

**_mobcdi_**

In case its useful to anyone else.

Decided against mounting the disk as folder and instead shutdown the vm, increased the vmdk representing the Adobe connection installation location, rebooted the vm, used disk manager to extend the volumn into the new free space

#6 2011-07-29 14:57:37

**_iMnum5_**

Hi,

Is there a way to move the meeting contents folder out from the installation directory path so it can be placed on different local drive/partition?

Running out of hard drive space on the installation drive.

Board footer