Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-11-19 18:57:30

**_grhughes74_**

Problems with group Profile Mapping

Hi

I've just setup our 1st Adobe connect server (7.5) but I'm cannot seem to get the Group Profile mapping to do what I want it to do.

The LDAP syncing works fine and I use the User Profile mapping to import all the users correctly.
However I want to use the Group Profile Mapping to identify all the members of a specific AD group and add them to a group of the same name in Adobe Connect. This I cannot get to work.

If it helps the settings I have in the User and Group Profile Mapping sections are listed below:

User Profile Mapping
Login*  - SamAccountName
First Name*  - givenName
Last Name*  - sn
E-mail* - mail
Branch DN - OU=Users,OU=London,DC=corp,DC=production,DC=com
Filter -
Subtree Search - True

Group Profile Mapping
Group Name*  - CN
Group Member* - Member
Branch DN - CN=ConnectUsers,OU=Groups,OU=London,DC=corp,DC=production,DC=com
Filter - (objectClass=Group)
Subtree Search - False

Can anyone help me identify why this isn't working how I want it to?

Many Thanks
Gareth

#2 2010-11-22 10:35:32

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Problems with group Profile Mapping

Hi Gareth,

First, I would set subtree search to true for groups as well as users.

Second, not sure if this issue was specific to us because I never investigated, but I set the group profile mapping and, even though I set auto sync to daily, it didn't take effect for almost a week. I assumed it was an issue either because of the number of users (~50K) or because of some setting change on the LDAP side.

Finally, not sure if this matters, but what if you move the CN=ConnectUsers to the filter instead of the branch?

#3 2010-12-06 06:22:10

**_grhughes74_**

Re: Problems with group Profile Mapping

Hi Teresa
Thanks so much for your help. I have this sorted now.
I changed the Subtree search to True and worked out how to use LDAP properly and now we're good!
The Branch now points at the OU that holds all our groups and the filter finds the group by its CN. The connect group is created (using the AD groups CN as the group name) and the members of that group are picked out and put in the group.

Simple when you know how!

Settings that worked are...

Group Profile Mapping

Group Name*  - CN
Group Member* - Member
Branch DN - OU=Groups,OU=London,DC=corp,DC=production,DC=com
Filter - (CN=LO-F-ConnectUsers)
Subtree Search - True

Thanks again
Gareth

Board footer