Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-10-22 18:35:19

**_PhilK_**

Branching in Quizzes

I've watched the tutorial on Branching, and searched the Forum, and I seem to be stuck in Branching.  I can branch to a slide, but having trouble returning back to the quiz.  It maybe a PowerPoint issue, but I can go back and forth in PowerPoint.  In Presenter, when I return back to the quiz, the program freezes.

I would like to develop quizes in Group Questions (shuffled questions), and fill in the blank.  If a person answers incorrectly one is directed to slide where the solution is shown.

#2 2010-10-25 11:52:10

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Branching in Quizzes

This is difficult without the Question Groups, and pretty much impossible with. There are two major problems you face:

1. If you leave the quiz, then you forfeit it. Thus the appearance of the lock up. What really happens is that it disables the quiz and gives you a fail status.  You can use the next and previous buttons to go through the quiz.

2. With shuffled questions, Presenter has no way of knowing what to do with the content slides in the quiz (if you have any), so it drops them and they are no longer a useful part of the presentation, and, you have no way of telling the presentation to go to the next question slide, since you don't know what it will be.

If you are looking to get into branching, look at Captivate. It does it 1,000,000 time better. Presenter is a good linear tool.

#3 2010-10-27 16:59:16

**_PhilK_**

Re: Branching in Quizzes

Thanks  .. downloaded Captivate 5 30 day trial and will give it a try.

Phil

Board footer