Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-10-13 15:02:12

**_jdonaldson_**

Widgets in Captivate 5

This was related to my previous topic about Captivate 5 modules scaling with browser when viewed from Connect Pro.

A Captivate 5 module that has any type of widget in the module will not scale with the browser window when viewed from Connect.

A Captivate 5 module that does not contain a widget will scale with the browser window when view from Connect while in a coarse or curriculum.

I would love to know why this is.

I keep getting the run around with Abode. The Connect Support blames Captivate and the Captivate Support blames Connect.  I have even be told by Adobe support that Connect does not support Captivate. That is funny because Captivate is being promoted as the core of the elearning suite now and you would think that it would work with another Adobe product better than anything else on the market. Esp since Captivate has the capability to upload straight to Connect pro built in.

#2 2010-10-13 16:01:57

**_jdonaldson_**

Re: Widgets in Captivate 5

It appears that is a Captivate issue. I have the same thing happening when I view the project from my web server. I just had a widget made for me and the person who made it was able to explain why with happens.

"In most widgets there are some lines of code added to restrict the

#3 2010-10-14 10:22:49

**_jdonaldson_**

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

This is what is used in most widgets and it is being passed on to the Captivate generates swf.

If I change it to

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_BORDER;
stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

The Captivate project will scale with the browser window. The problem is that I can no longer make changes to the widget in Capitvate because it mess up the widget UI.

There has to be away to prevent this from being passed on to Captivate.

My customers are demanding that my training Scale with the browser Window.

Last edited by **_jdonaldson_** (2010-10-14 10:25:32)

#4 2010-10-14 14:36:41

**_jdonaldson_**

Michael from the CP Guru helped me and made a Widget with

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_BORDER;

that fixes this problem.

His site has all kinds of  Widgets for Captivate.

http://www.cpguru.com/

#5 2011-09-30 00:19:15

**_JamesJ_**

I was finally able to find and download TOC Button Widget for Adobe Captivate updated. Thank you for providing help, jdonaldson!

Board footer