Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-10-01 11:04:44

**_sali00_**

Presenter Reports

I am playing around with Adobe Presenter and have been trying to figure out how to access one cumulative report that gives me a spreadsheet of how each Learner or Content viewer answered each of the questions.

If I use the Content feature and send someone the link, I can go to Reports - By Answers and see how many attendees chose a specific response for an MC question. If I have Fill in the blank questions, those responses are listed separately and I am not able to see from this report which Fill in the Blank response corresponds with which viewer's MC response.  Is this correct? Or am I missing something here?

I tested the Training Module Curriculum feature and I'm getting pretty much the same results as above.  The only difference is that I can pull up reports by Users BUT that still doesn't give me their Fill in the Blank responses. It only provides me with their Multiple choice Responses.
When I go to Reports by Item, I get a report similar to the Content report that shows me cumulative responses per Quiz question but no proper layout of individual Learner response to all quiz questions (both Fill in the blanks and MC).

There has to be one report that gives me a nice layout for all answers that an individual chose in a quiz regardless if it is a MC, T/F, or Fill in the blank, Matching question. What am I missing here?

#2 2010-10-01 13:03:46

**_gajett_**

Re: Presenter Reports

You can access most of this through the api call:

http://your.connect.url/api/xml?action=report-quiz-interactions&sco-id=XXXXXX

you'll need the appropriate rights to access any given SCO.

I use excel, and set up the above call as an external data source.

greg

#3 2010-10-05 08:53:48

**_sali00_**

Thank you gajett!
Any instructions on how to setup the data source in Excel?

#4 2010-10-05 09:40:03

**_gajett_**

sali00 wrote:

Thank you gajett!
Any instructions on how to setup the data source in Excel?

open excel
choose 'data' (from menu or ribbon)
choose 'from web' under get external data
enter the url of your connect server and log in. (remember, the user you log in with needs to have permission to access whichever SCO you want to run reports against)
now, paste the url of the api call into the address bar (http://your.connect.url/api/xml?action= … -id=XXXXXX)

click on the little yellow and black arrow in the top left corner to select the data, then click 'import'.
(you'll get a couple of excel pop-ups, but clicking 'ok' on them should do the trick.

you now should have your data in a usable format.

Greg

** a note about using excel: you needed to log-in first to establish a session w/ your connect server.  there are other ways of doing this, but this will work for now.

If you are the sole user of this excel doc, you may want to create another 'data source' with this api call:

http://your.connect.url/api/xml?action=login&login=YourUser&password=YourPassword

this will log your user in when you load the document.

#5 2010-10-05 09:48:40

**_sali00_**

Thank you Greg for such a quick response!

Let me try this and see what data gets populated.

#6 2010-11-30 13:20:15

**_JWalker_**

Hi, I'm interested in accomplishing the same thing... but I'm a novice.  I'm stuck on the SCO and api call... not sure how I obtain the right code?  I have navigated to my content in Connect, but not sure where to go from there?

#7 2010-12-08 14:56:24

**_gajett_**

JWalker wrote:

Hi, I'm interested in accomplishing the same thing... but I'm a novice.  I'm stuck on the SCO and api call... not sure how I obtain the right code?  I have navigated to my content in Connect, but not sure where to go from there?

once you've navigated to the content you are interested, have a look at the URL.
it will resemble:

http://your.connect.url/admin/content/sco/info?sco-id=1234565&tab-id=48615

the sco-id value (1234565 in the example) is what you are looking for.

as far as the api calls, follow the previous posts.

greg

Board footer