Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-08-27 07:56:41

**_gajett_**

retrieve quiz score

Retrieve the quiz score?

How?  Preferably via the api.

I've got a quiz created and published to Connect.  I can retrieve the submitted data, but not the score?  I've tried many/most(?) of the reporting settings with no change in report generated.

What's the magic bullet for score retrieval??

Thanks,

Greg

#2 2010-08-27 10:33:05

**_AChemey_**

Re: retrieve quiz score

Greg,

It's not really clear what you are trying to accomplish.  What was the quiz created with?  What are you trying to accomplish with the score?  Just have it display in Adobe Connect or use it for some other purpose? 

Regards,

Andrew

#3 2010-08-27 10:37:08

**_gajett_**

created in captivate, published to connect.
i'd like to retrieve the score (the quiz score, if possible) using the api. 

since posting i've found the question score (there are actually a few ways to retrieve that), but not the overall quiz score.

again, i want to retrieve this using an api call.  the intention is to use the api call as a data source in excel.

--g--

-- these are anonymous users.  one of the quiz questions is fill in the blank for their name.

Last edited by **_gajett_** (2010-08-27 10:39:24)

#4 2010-08-27 11:00:09

**_AChemey_**

It's not clear if you have published to Connect as "Content" or whether you have access/are using the Training Module (e.g. Course or Curriculum).  You might not be able to accomplish what you want, if you aren't using the Training Module...  It's the Training Module that allows you to store quiz results such as Score and Resume Data.  If you aren't using that Module, the data might not be available to you. 

Using the Training Module, one of the API's you can use is:  report-user-training-transcripts.  It requires a principal-id and optionally a sco-id.

Regards,

Andrew

#5 2010-08-27 11:09:30

**_gajett_**

thanks andrew -- we are not using the training module.

that api call, because of the principal id requirement also won't work for this anonymous quiz. 

yes, it's just content.

since this is just a short quiz, we may be forced to go with the question score only.

greg

Board footer