Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-08-18 14:33:35

**_Bub_**

embedding .swf's into presenter with Flash Player 10.1 installed

I am not sure if this is common knowledge, but I spent today pulling out may hair to figure out why my .swf's would not play when published in presenter.  It turns out that .swf's inserted when you have flash player 10.1 installed will not make it past the first frame of your .swf.

I could take a currently published and working PPT file re-publish it and everything would be fine, but all .swf's included would not play past the first frame.  The presentation did this weather I had all animations in Actionscript, or on the timeline.

After reverting to Flash Player 10r45_2 I am able to publish with working .swf's

Has anyone else had this issue?

-Presenter 7.05
-Win XP
-PPT 2007
-.swf's were created in house with Captivate and Flash CS4

#2 2010-08-19 08:28:04

**_Bub_**

Re: embedding .swf's into presenter with Flash Player 10.1 installed

I did fix it.  Here is how.

Since presenter is linked to IE in some fashion (You can't insert .swf's into your PPT presentation without the flash Active X control.  If you simply remove this control using Add or Remove Programs you will not be able to "roll back" to an older version of flash.  This is due to a registry key that is put on your machine.

So you will need two files from Adobe to roll back your version of flash.

Archived versions of Flash Player 10: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html
Adobe's uninstall application:  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Run the uninstall application-->restart-->extract the downloaded file fp10_archive--> run the now extracted flashplayer10r45_2winax.exe-->publish away!

Does anyone know if this issue is taken care of with Flash CS5?  I remember reading somewhere that it had the option in the publish setting for 10.1, but I don't know if that would fix this problem?  Maybe there needs to be an update to Presenter to fix it???

#3 2010-09-16 15:35:22

**_ac_**

I believe this is fixed in Presenter 7.0.6 patch.

#4 2011-08-25 01:45:04

**_abby99_**

I just want to say thank you for the information.
It is very valuable for me..newbie here and encountering the same situation.
Thanks and keep up the good work..

Board footer