Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-08-11 06:18:19

**_alainr_**

End a meeting through the API

Hi there,

Is there a way to end the meeting through the API ?

I am building an e-learning platform using PHP and the Connect API ... but I cannot rely on the tutors actually ending the meeting via the menu -- it seems to be natural for the users to just close the browser tab.

There's a couple of 'workarounds' I can put in place, like disabling the mandatory next step in our software until the meeting is ended, but it would be nice to have some programmatic control over the meeting ending.

Cheers

Alain

#2 2010-08-24 08:18:50

**_JVargason_**

Re: End a meeting through the API

I have been looking for the same information.  It looks like the only way you can end a meeting is to kill the FMS process (best of luck guessing which one it is) on the actual Meeting Server.

There doesn't seem to be a single API call to do this.  I do not know why.  To eliminate Open Meeting Rooms in our company we've had to call report-active-meetings and email the originators of the room which has opened up a can of worms as there are some meetings that they claim they did not open and the like.  It would be nice to just close them ourselves and avoid that.

#3 2010-08-24 09:39:30

**_alainr_**

JVargason:
Yeah - we're on a hosted plan, so killing the process isn't an option ... sounds like you are having the same issues as me ... There are tons of options in the API for starting and configuring the meeting, but at the end of the meeting the API options fall quite short!

I have contacted adobe support and our reseller, but am getting nowhere ... I wonder if anyone (Developers) from Adobe read this forum?!?!

Most frustrating! - If I find a solution, I'll email you and post to this forum, but I'm not holding my breath!

Cheers

Alain

#4 2010-09-24 20:29:10

**_Cilic_**

I think, I should be able to help you folks in this regard. Allow me some time.

Board footer