Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-06-21 11:18:14

**_mikesmartinez_**

Importing Custom Animation with PowerPoint

I'm creating a project using the "From MS PowerPoint" option. The original PowerPoint uses custom animation and the plan is to sync the voice recordings with the bullet fly-ins. When I preview the project, the bullet fly-ins occur one right after the other withn a couple of seconds. Is there a way to time the animations from within Captivate to sync with the audio? I so far do not see a way to do this from within Captivate and I assume what I have to do is get the timings right in PowerPoint first, then import them, then do the voice recordings. Thanks.

#2 2010-06-21 16:42:28

**_Captiv8r_**

Re: Importing Custom Animation with PowerPoint

Hi there

One way to accomplish this is to configure the PPT to play in a smaller window. Then prepare to present the PPT and use Captivate to record the PPT as you play it. Using this approach you can achieve perfect timing.

Cheers... Rick :)

#3 2010-07-29 09:28:45

**_dleblanc_**

Did this solve your problem?  I have what I think is the same problem (or similar), but I don't think this solution would work.  When I created the Power Point I estimated the timing based on how long I thought it would take to speak to each bullet.  Of course my estimations were never perfect (some off a few seconds, some much longer).  The only way I can figure to fix it is to edit each slide and the timing for the bullets within Power Point to reflect how long the voice over actually took.  This will be tedious, but I can't see another way.

I've heard of other software (not as sophisticated as Captivate) that allows you to click a "next" button when you are done speaking to each point and that "next" click causes the next animation to come in.  I would expect Captivate would have something as easy to use...

Any other ideas?

#4 2010-07-29 10:13:06

**_mikesmartinez_**

I was not able to come up with a better solution. I think you would have to just keep doing what you are doing until it was perfect, which will take long, or maybe using Captiv8r's method (2nd post) will make it easier. I ended up just not using animation on the slide, due to time constraints.

#5 2011-04-01 02:33:00

**_suellapal_**

Captiv8r states: "One way to accomplish this is to configure the PPT to play in a smaller window. Then prepare to present the PPT and use Captivate to record the PPT as you play it. Using this approach you can achieve perfect timing."

Can you explain how this is done? I've looked in the PowerPoint Options without success.

Thanks - suellapal

#6 2011-04-01 09:13:24

**_dhwalker_**

R J Jacquez just had a webinar that dealt with this topic. It should be released soon in the On Demand Seminars section of the Adobe.com site.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/inde … &audience=

Watch for it.

#7 2011-07-06 22:10:53

**_spotbanks_**

Could you not sync the audio post video creation?

Last edited by **_spotbanks_** (2011-07-06 22:14:03)

Board footer