Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-05-11 14:57:22

**_NevadaFan_**

Issues with buffering..

I've recently developed a series of modules that have embedded .flv on slides with animation synced to the video. Unfortunately, I am also have some users with series buffering issues. I've tried to reduce the bit rate and fps, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm looking for ideas on streaming content of larger files... any help is appreciated.

#2 2010-05-11 21:01:13

**_Daniel_**

Re: Issues with buffering..

Are you using a hosted solution? One thing that might help is creating a "buffer slide" which is what I call some kind of title slide that displays for 10 seconds while the slide with the video starts loading. Seems to help with buffering. How large are your embedded flv's?

#3 2010-06-15 18:31:41

**_NevadaFan_**

We're using Adobe Connect Pro to deliver the curriculum. The construct itself is an approximately 30 slide module with a series of content broken into "sections". The video section consists of approximately 7 slides, and each slide has an embedded .FLV with text builds that correspond to the video. The sizes of the .flvs ranges from just under 9MB to 25MB. I tried using your idea of adding a buffer slide and that seems to work for some. Any other tips or tricks is appreciated.

#4 2010-06-17 22:53:38

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Understand that Presenter loads by loading the first three slides while you are looking at the loading screen. Then it begins preloading an additional slide in the background every three seconds. So depending on the size and quantity of the videos, an the frequency they come up in the presentation, the end user may be attempting to preload multiple videos at the same time. You may find that a presentation with less or less frequent videos may have a better result.

#5 2010-07-19 07:56:01

**_princecheck13_**

The end user may be attempting to p reload multiple videos at the same time. You may find that a presentation with less or less frequent videos may have a better result.

#6 2011-02-18 08:36:12

**_kadencayden_**

Buffering should be enabled in these type of applications; that is the key feature to be executed; thanks.

#7 2011-04-05 09:53:39

**_Mr_Jalvo_Of_PA_**

We had a similar problem that affected only some users. We were able to correct it by having the affected users clear both the Adobe

Board footer