Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-04-01 13:00:36

**_jrepps_**

LDAP Authentication through Edge Server

I have a security issue with LDAP being able to authenticate through the Edge Server in our DMZ.  Someone from the outside can lock a person's LDAP account internally by inserting the wrong password multiple times on the authentication page.  Is there a way to limit the amount of wrong password attempts on Connect before LDAP locks the account?

#2 2010-04-08 10:33:42

**_mrock66_**

Re: LDAP Authentication through Edge Server

Not at this time, but i do believe it's an enhancement request.  Keep in mind an external user would still need to know the LDAP username, and getting the account locked out is better than being able to brute force in :)

#3 2011-08-10 19:35:49

**_tpettijohn_**

Re: LDAP Authentication through Edge Server

I have a related question.

I have a mixed user account enviornment, most are external accounts synced to AD via LDAP, but I also have local accounts for users not in our AD.

Unsuccessful login attemps to Connect for the external accounts (AD/LDAP) lock out after X number of attempts based on our corporate AD account policy.  This is great.

Thru the UI, I can set some settings for local account policies such as min length, require number, require caps, but there is nothing in the UI that allows me to set account lockout after X number of unscussessful attempts.  Is there any way to force local account lock out?

Thanks

Board footer