Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-29 21:08:29

**_robert.l.mann_**

Tracking whether a learner has closed a window for a training module

I assume that the embedded FMS that comes with Adobe Connect manages the concurrent connections between client and server. Whereas, when a learner launches a training module (in a new window) there is an established bi-directional stream of data that is connected between server and client through the flash player ; hence, there are limits based on the "concurrent learners" within one's license package.

As more learners participate in training, these connections are opened and closed as they enter and exit the training courses/modules. Is there any mechanism in the server via database table, view,  or api that lists these connections?

Last edited by **_robert.l.mann_** (2010-03-29 21:09:19)

#2 2010-03-30 08:01:32

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Tracking whether a learner has closed a window for a training module

I don't know of anything in the api.  However could you create a flash application or function  that  uses the API to gather user information and monitors when the connection is opened and closed? Then you could write this log somehwere.

#3 2010-03-31 18:31:45

**_robert.l.mann_**

I am a bit confused when you imply nothing exists in the API, yet you recommend creating an application that uses the API...

Last edited by **_robert.l.mann_** (2010-03-31 18:32:01)

#4 2011-06-17 09:00:37

**_Gerd_**

robert.l.mann wrote:

Is there any mechanism in the server via database table, view,  or api that lists these connections?

try and put this api-call behind your server-url

api/xml?action=report-active-meetings

Gerd

Board footer