Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-26 17:23:16

**_number3_**

common-info call is returning internal error

Hello,

I have a problem that is making REST calls to execute API methods.  My program is in PHP and it posts XML to the Connect Pro server, parses the returned XML and performs actions based on that.

I'm trying to connect to this one Connect Pro server and I'm starting off by making a 'common-info' call however I'm getting an status code="internal-error".

<results><status code="internal-error"><exception>java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SESSION_COOKIE', table 'breeze5.dbo.PPS_USER_SESSIONS'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. at macromedia.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRPCRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source) at

I tried to make the same call by entering it in my browser and it returns with a status code of 'ok' and my session cookie.

I've looked over the server's web.xml file and everything checks out so I should be able to post XML to the server already.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by **_number3_** (2010-03-26 17:23:58)

#2 2010-03-27 09:06:43

**_gajett_**

Re: common-info call is returning internal error

it looks as if you are net sending your session cookie var back properly.
This: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SESSION_COOKIE' is telling you either you're not passing anything at all, or whatever you are trying to pass as the cookie value is not accepted.

greg

#3 2010-03-29 08:27:12

**_number3_**

My program is making a "common-info" API call.  But I don't get a session cookie from the returned XML.

When I read the XML returned from the "common-info" call all I get is what I posted above.

<results><status code="internal-error"><exception>java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SESSION_COOKIE', table 'breeze5.dbo.PPS_USER_SESSIONS'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. at macromedia.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source) at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRPCRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source) at

There is no session cookie returned from the server for me to use.

Any ideas?

Last edited by **_number3_** (2010-03-29 08:30:06)

#4 2010-04-08 11:39:47

**_number3_**

I ended up figuring out the issue.

In my program when I made my initial POST call to common-info I was including the "session" query string but it was empty.

When I excluded the "session" query string in my initial common-info call that is when the error message when away.

Not sure why this was only happening on one server, but who knows...

Board footer