Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-09 14:13:51

**_f3tz3r_**

Captivate 3 Caption Length

I have a demo of a program that I have created, however, I read fairly fast, and I set all the caption lengths too short, is there any way that I can increase all caption lengths by a set number amount?

#2 2010-03-10 22:13:32

**_Captiv8r_**

Re: Captivate 3 Caption Length

Hi there

I'm assuming you are referring to the duration of the caption. You timed them all for perhaps three seconds duration and now you want to perhaps globally adjust them to perhaps five seconds.

Unfortunately there is no clean way to accomplish it. You might try enabling the "Calculate Caption Timing" option found by clicking the Project menu. When enabled, the option will have a check mark next to it. You then make a change to the text of one of the captions and you enable the "Apply to all" setting. Choose to apply only the changed properties.

In my testing it did influence a change to the captions. Unfortunately, it changed all captions to the time specified for the one I edited. This means that if the caption was initially four seconds and the edit changed the timing to three seconds, ALL captions were timed for three seconds.

Another possibility would be to insert Click Box or Button objects on slides to allow the end user to progress at their own pace.

Cheers... Rick :)

Board footer