Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-26 16:51:30

**_tlogan_**

Acrobat PDF features/functions that work in Connect 7.5

Just trying to create a list/thread of the features and functionality of pdf files that do "render" or "display" inside a Connect 7.5 meeting room share pod.  Again speaking on what displays in the share pod versus gives me an error; such as "there was an error creating your file", or renders improperly a graphic or image.

I should preface this by stating that I am using Adobe Acrobat 9.0 (latest and greatest updates installed) to create (print, export, save) or otherwise make a pdf; no third party pdf engines.  I say that as I realize there are lots of pdf engines and such out there that one might use.  Also the method of creating the pdf may matter too; exporting using the distiller engine versus using the pdf print engine.

I have found that:
secure pdf files do not display - I get "there was an error creating your file"
pdf portfolios - I get "Connect Pro could not open the file for conversion, file is either unsupported or password protected"
Acrobat 3D files - it displays the load image of the pdf or the first "state" of the Acrobat 3D file but as I would expect the 3D functionality does not work.  I still like the idea that I can in Acrobat turn or position the 3D content in the pdf save it and load it in the share pod; allows me to re-use these assets and not have to recreate them.
Redacted pdfs - render and display as I would expect and as they do in Acrobat
Acrobat pdf forms - the file loads and displays but the form entry fields do not work

--  I really do not expect these more complex pdf files to give me the above specific feature within the Connect meeting room

I hope others will add to this list if they discover something.

Board footer