Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-13 15:14:04

**_sjgrodsky_**

Jump to Slide functionality not working

This should be so simple. I can't believe I'm having trouble.

I have a "Restart" button on the last page of my project.

I want it to jump to the first page of the project.

In the button properties, I go to the "If the user clicks on the button" section, and specify that "on success" the action should be "Jump to Side"

I specify "1 Slide 1" in the slide number field.

I click OK.

Then I go to the Slide Properties dbox and specify that "on Slide Exit" the functionality should be "Jump to Slide 1"

I save and run the project and nothing happens on button click.

I've tried other slide numbers and they don't work.

I've tried other functionality (such as "go to URL") and it does work.

So what's the problem?

TIA.

#2 2010-01-15 12:14:37

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Jump to Slide functionality not working

(Removed due to non-relevance)

Last edited by **_Jorma_at_RealEyes_** (2010-01-18 13:29:42)

#3 2010-01-15 17:04:14

**_sjgrodsky_**

Jorma, I don't see where in the Slide Properties dbox I put the "Advance by user = yes command". I see two tabs, Slide and Audio. I don't see the functionality you describe.

I also don't know where to find "Presentation Settings".

Sorry to be so dense. I've not gotten any training on Captivate, just stepped through the tutorials.

#4 2010-01-18 13:29:20

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Your right, I was talking about Presenter, and you are asking about Captivate... My bad. I will remove that post, as it is not applicable here.

For Captivate, I would go into the Edit > Preferences (Shift + F8) menu. Then under Project > Start and End, you can choose what happens at the end of your project. Choose Loop Project, and see if that helps.

You can validate the branching functionality with the Branching view. It has helped me understand exactly what is going on in my project many times...

Beyond that, it's hard to say exactly what is happening without the build files.

#5 2010-01-19 09:41:30

**_AChemey_**

sjgrodsky,

Make sure that in the Settings tab of the Quiz Preferences, you have the "allow backward movement" checked.  Otherwise, navigation to slide 1 will not be allowed.

Regards,

Andrew

#6 2010-01-19 16:52:58

**_sjgrodsky_**

Jorma, this is exactly what I tried initially...it doesn't work. That's why I posted the question to the forum.

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

Your right, I was talking about Presenter, and you are asking about Captivate... My bad. I will remove that post, as it is not applicable here.

For Captivate, I would go into the Edit > Preferences (Shift + F8) menu. Then under Project > Start and End, you can choose what happens at the end of your project. Choose Loop Project, and see if that helps.

You can validate the branching functionality with the Branching view. It has helped me understand exactly what is going on in my project many times...

Beyond that, it's hard to say exactly what is happening without the build files.

#7 2010-01-19 16:54:12

**_sjgrodsky_**

"Allow backward movement" is checked. It still doesn't work.

Maybe this feature is broken?

AChemey wrote:

sjgrodsky,

Make sure that in the Settings tab of the Quiz Preferences, you have the "allow backward movement" checked.  Otherwise, navigation to slide 1 will not be allowed.

Regards,

Andrew

#8 2010-01-19 16:57:58

**_sjgrodsky_**

Can anyone help me use the help files more efficiently? When I get search results, I click on a promising looking link. But the article that comes up is typically many pages long. I don't see a "find" capability. How can I get to the nugget of information I need quickly? I don't have time to read -- or event skim -- thousands of words.

TIA.

#9 2010-01-19 17:13:52

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You should be able to do a CTRL + F on the page and search for key terms there.

I'm not sure what else could be causing your presentation to not go back to the beginning. Could there be something else on the last slide that has a pause command on it that is causing the presentation to not progress?

Andrew,

Is there anything else I may have missed on navigation?

#10 2010-01-20 14:10:12

**_Ajack_**

So, I've been playing around with your problem for a bit here, and I think I figured it out:  Under slide properties on your last slide, leave "on slide exit" to "go to next slide"  when I switched my project to "jump to slide 1, etc"  It wouldn't restart for me either.

Board footer