Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-07 11:55:25

**_amycook_**

Posting multiple Captive 3 files on Connect Pro 7.5

I've searched and tried every variation I can think of, but can't get multiple project files loaded. I have a folder with 30 projects that all work together, but not in a set sequential order. I published using the 'metadata option'. When you pick the zip option it zips each project separately, which doesn't seem helpful. I've put all the .html and .xml docs in one zipped folder (including an index file) and published that to Captivate - both pushing from Captivate and pulling in from Connect.

When the Connect url is generated it does open one file, but then all the links are broken. In the folder on my desktop everything works just fine. Would the aggregator feature in v4 solve this? Should I be able to do this in v3? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amy Cook

#2 2010-01-07 16:26:19

**_mark2741_**

Re: Posting multiple Captive 3 files on Connect Pro 7.5

The problem is with the pathing.

It's been years since I worked with it but my understanding is that it still is a pain, at best. I was eventually able to get it to work by just using one single index.html file, and then the rest would all be swf files only. The documentation used to (may still?) say that you could use an index.swf file and skip the html file altogether but that never worked before (back in v4 and 5 days), and after multiple calls to product support they finally admitted as such.

So I think your best bet is to have a single zip file, with no directories in it, and just have one index.html that loads in your first movie and then at the end of each of those movies you'll need to have an action to load in the next movie, using a relative path (i.e., just the filename since they are all in the same directory on the server). If that method doesn't work then you could always just create your own flash wrapper swf that contains a menu system. Pain, but I know that will work.

I *really* wish that Connect would just treat content like a normal server would, but it doesn't.

Lastly, in regards to the Aggregator - I've never tried it to see if that works. I asked on here back when Cp4 came out whether anyone had and didn't get a response and have never bothered to try myself. If you try it and it does work please let us know.

#3 2010-01-07 16:29:56

**_amycook_**

Thanks, Mark. I'll give this a shot and post my findings.

#4 2010-01-07 21:21:26

**_Captiv8r_**

Hi there

Aggregator simply adds a front end and all files are still separate, so I would expect to see the same behavior.

One way to accomplish "seamless" linkage when daisy chaining files is to upload each file separately so it creates its own URL. Then note the URL and specify it as the path for the next file to open in the chain.

Cheers... Rick :)

Board footer