Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-29 11:29:45

**_johnnydaj_**

Problem with AC 7.5 Add-in (9.3.110.0)

I have now completed more extensive testing and can easily identify that we have video quality issues when using the Add-in for Connect 7.5 (Add-in 9.3.110.0).  I have tested the conditions on our server(s), one of which is running Adobe Connect 7.3 and the other which has been upgraded to Adobe Connect 7.5.  Additionally, I signed up for a trial hosted on Adobe

#2 2009-12-29 12:10:09

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Problem with AC 7.5 Add-in (9.3.110.0)

Not sure what your use case is for the video, but we recently had a live event where we wanted someone giving a keynote on camera live.  Connect's video pod sucks when it comes to this so we got with Refined Data and tested out their Talking Stick application.  It was the best I have seen in Connect.  I am working on my end to see what kind of use case we would have over the next year for it so that we can evaluate buying it for more regular use.  If we do, it will be worth the money.  Essentially it using a seperate FMS to stream the video inside of Connect.  It worked great for the live event, but we had to get creative on the recording since the live stream isn't recorded in Connect.  Now that we know that, we will simply do a screen capture during the presentation and post that seperatly.  Depending on your need, I would say check them out - http://www.refineddata.com/products/talkingstick/

-Chris

#3 2009-12-29 12:23:12

**_johnnydaj_**

Thanks for the quick response...And I have seen a full demo of talking stick and liked it for the most part.  I also tinkered with it during the 15 day trial that I had.  Not being able to record the full meeting as a package deal is a big drawback for us.  if there is a fairly simple way to capture everything to produce archives, I am all ears.  But I can't justify spending the money for talking stick when it addresses one issue (although video quality is a biggie right now for us) but creates other challenges (recording limitations and increased process in the field for our techs during set up at off site locations).

But I am interested to know what you used for "screen capture" and how you may have compiled all of the pieces together (the seperate video from the rest of the AC meeting) to create the same type of archive/recording.  I realize that you can piece together power point, audio and I believe video as well through Adobe Presenter but that would require the video being cut into chunks as per the slide transitions.  It seems like a lot of post-porduction work in order to achieve the better quality video up front.

#4 2009-12-29 12:33:20

**_roysdenc_**

We use Camtasia for screen capture, and Terry from RD has one he uses that I can't think of right now.  For us, the easliest solution is to use a tool such as Camtasia to screen capture a participant view of the presentation (so that you don't get all of the extra stuff), and save it as an .avi.  We then take that .avi and furn it into an .flv with Camtasia (I like version 4) and post it to our own Flash Media Server.  One thing we have not tried is publishing it to our Connect server in the Content Library, but that should work as well since Connect can play .flv files, and it would have it's own link.  I would test it first, but that may be an option as well.

-Chris

#5 2009-12-29 16:10:49

**_johnnydaj_**

Thanks...I'll look into that. 

John

#6 2010-01-21 15:22:21

**_davidroethler_**

I came across the same problems with the new add-in. Where can I find the recent version for download?

#7 2010-01-28 04:48:52

**_ran_**

We have had  alot of problems with 7.5 and the new add-in so my tip is to wait for adobe to release a new add-in before upgrading.

Board footer