Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-23 10:45:36

**_kpoindexter_**

Black Screen from Stream

Adobe connect has fulfilled everything I've been trying to accomplish with the exception of when a video is already in its stream process and a user joins 5 minutes after I've started the stream they only receive a black blank screen. However, If I start the stream over after they have joined they'll see it instantly.

What is the issue?

Is the video not buffering up on their side to the point of where the stream is at?

I've tested this with a couple different users/computers/connections and all the same results, any insight would be gladly appreciated, thanks.

The users that helped test were on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OSX.

#2 2009-12-23 12:30:04

alistairlee

Re: Black Screen from Stream

Hey kpoindexter,

How are you playing the video?  Is it in the camera & voice pod, an FLV in a share pod, or a custom pod streaming video from a flash media server?  If it's the latter, is the video live or pre-recorded?

#3 2009-12-23 13:08:36

**_kpoindexter_**

alistairlee wrote:

Hey kpoindexter,

How are you playing the video?  Is it in the camera & voice pod, an FLV in a share pod, or a custom pod streaming video from a flash media server?  If it's the latter, is the video live or pre-recorded?

I'm playing the video in FLV format hosted natively on the server. We won't be using the camera & voice pod so it's not in the camera/voice pod. The video is a FLV video in the Presentation mode in a share pod and it is pre-recorded. To answer your question about the flash media server I believe its a component built into Adobe connect if that helps.

Let me know what other information you may need and thanks for your reply.

#4 2010-01-04 07:52:52

**_jitendrasnv_**

alistairlee wrote:

Hey kpoindexter,

Hi..

Playing a video in the different manner can be a interesting but hope it would be understood by the people.Hopefully in camera there can be a added feature which can have a vedio of the images which are there in the memory.

thanks

Board footer