Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-21 08:51:40

**_maxeby_**

Allowing user to pass 1 of 2 quizzes (1 in English/1 in Spanish)...

I have several mandatory classes that I offer in English & Spanish in Adobe Connect.  I have been able to set up a "language bridge" quiz with zero points possible or required that asks for language preference.  Based on the user response, Presenter sends the user to a specific slide number, starting the presentation in English or Spanish.  That part works great. 

The issue is with the quiz.  I need users to pass a quiz with 80% to pass the course.  Currently, I have 1 singular quiz worth 100 points and they have to pass.  The questions & answers are written English and Spanish, side by side.  Some users find the 2 languages together annoying and it makes for some small print to fit everything in! 

Is there a way I can set up 2 separate quizzes inside one singular class so that the user only has to view and pass 1 of the 2 quizzes (in my case, based on their language preference)? 

Currently, I didn't see a way to do this because making both quizzes optional probably wouldn't help me ensure they pass 1 of the 2 with 80%.  I do want to keep this all within one singular class to ease the tracking of the course. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

--Max

#2 2009-12-21 10:41:07

**_Daniel_**

Re: Allowing user to pass 1 of 2 quizzes (1 in English/1 in Spanish)...

Max,
I wonder if it would work to set your passing score at 40% and allowed them to answer the quiz in the language they choose? Then if the user answers 8/10 in Spanish, but 0/10 in English, their score would still be passing.
If you need to retain and report that score, 40% is not an impressive grade... though this might work if you simply need a pass/fail option.
Just a thought.

#3 2012-05-15 11:31:51

**_ABKW2012_**

maxeby - We have the same problem.  Were you able to find any other resolution?

#4 2012-05-15 12:30:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You could set up an initial course in a curriculum that asks the user if they want spanish or english, and based on their response you can reveal an item that has that as a prerequisite, or another item that has it as a test out.

The basic idea being if they 'pass' the first course by answering Spanish, they get the Spanish course. But if they 'fail' it by answering English, they get the English course.

I would just make the first course worth 1 point, so you can get a pass/fail status and people don't get to worried about that status on the course.

Board footer