Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-16 20:34:23

**_jbischke_**

How to playback downloaded Connect meetings that have been recorded?

I recently started downloading some of our Connect meetings (we're using the hosted version of Connect) using the instructions in the tutorial here:

http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

I get a number of files in a ZIP file including one file that is the audio and/or video from the meeting.  However, I'm trying to figure out an effective way to actually have something that can be played back here (and ideally would have video, audio and PPT slides synched).  Essentially what I'm going after is similar to what we have here:

http://videos.edufire.com

Those were all accomplished using screen capture software and it was extremely tedious and time-consuming.  We're hoping to figure out a way to do this directly using the downloaded files but have not been able to figure this out yet.  Any suggestions?

#2 2009-12-17 15:07:34

alistairlee

Re: How to playback downloaded Connect meetings that have been recorded?

The tutorial you reference isn't the best way get an offline recording - though it is helpful in some situations and gives you an idea of how Connect Pro recordings are stored on the server.

The recommended way to generate an offline recording is to click on your meeting in the Connect Pro Central web interface, and choose the 'Recordings' Link.  This will give you a list of all of the recordings you've made with that particular meeting.

Here, you have the ability to edit the meeting recording (cropping out any sections you don't want to keep) as well as to download a local copy by pressing the 'Make Offline' link.  Use this button to create an offline (FLV) version of the meeting recording.  The FLV can then be played by any media player that supports Flash Video (Adobe Media Player, VLC, etc....)

Offline-Recording.png

#3 2009-12-17 15:28:20

**_jbischke_**

I have tried this but when I click on the link for "Make Offline" I get the following message:

Not Authorized

You do not have permission to access this item.

I am logged with an Administrator account.  Is this because we're running on the hosted version or doesn't that matter?

#4 2009-12-17 16:00:10

**_gajett_**

jbischke wrote:

I have tried this but when I click on the link for "Make Offline" I get the following message:

Not Authorized

You do not have permission to access this item.

I am logged with an Administrator account.  Is this because we're running on the hosted version or doesn't that matter?

go to the meeting info, add yourself to the meeting as a host.  you should then be able to use the 'make offline' link.  otherwise it doesn't let you because you have no explicit rights to the recording.

Greg

Board footer