Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-23 19:24:43

**_bruceswierc_**

Breakout Session Chat

Hi There,

Hey so when we are in a breakout session it looks as though any attendee in the main meeting can "Send message to hosts" -- however I don't see how hosts can reply to these? Is this just a 1 way communication feature? Am i missing something?

Thanks!

#2 2009-11-24 09:54:11

**_gajett_**

Re: Breakout Session Chat

Click on the name of the breakout room in the popup message.  You'll enter that room and be able to chat w/ that participant.

Greg

#3 2009-11-24 12:27:16

**_bruceswierc_**

Thanks Greg - I should have been more clear... this is not a "chat" pod chat, this is a message from the "Contact Host" bar that appears when the breakout starts.

#4 2009-11-24 13:04:45

**_gajett_**

yes, that's what i thought you meant.
when i receive a 'host' message during a breakout, i see a pop-up box, with a link to that room.  if i click on the link, it takes me to that room, where i can then interact with whoever sent the message.

Greg

-- using connect 7, haven't tried this w/ 7.5 yet.

#5 2009-11-24 13:59:50

**_bruceswierc_**

I get the pop-up, click the link, go to the room... but the only way I see to interact with that particular attendee is to have a chat pod active in that room?! Is that what you mean?

Appreciate the help!

#6 2009-11-25 08:36:25

**_gajett_**

Yep, that's it.  you should have the ability to enter the room via link and chat to the whole room, or just that person privately once you are in their breakout session.

Greg

#7 2009-11-25 15:31:25

**_bruceswierc_**

Thanks Greg!

Board footer