Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-17 14:37:03

**_damondodge_**

Can adding new content affects completion status?

I'd like to create a curriculum to which i can add content over time.  If users complete the original curriculum, and I add content later, will their statuses automatically revert back to "in progress" until they complete the new content? 

If I can't achieve this functionality through this route, are there any best practices out there to accomplish the same thing?

#2 2009-11-17 16:33:05

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Can adding new content affects completion status?

If someone has completed a Curriculum and then you add courses into it, the user is status remains "complete" for the curriculum as they are grandfathered into not having to complete the new course for a complete status on the curriculum.

That said, they will still see that they can/should take the new content. I don't know of a way to reset their status for the curriculum though, just the courses.

#3 2010-02-02 12:59:13

**_wmccurdy_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

If someone has completed a Curriculum and then you add courses into it, the user is status remains "complete" for the curriculum as they are grandfathered into not having to complete the new course for a complete status on the curriculum.

That said, they will still see that they can/should take the new content. I don't know of a way to reset their status for the curriculum though, just the courses.

I am also interested in a way of resetting a participants status from Complete to In Progress after adding new content to a Curriculum.

Thanks

Last edited by **_wmccurdy_** (2010-02-02 12:59:44)

#4 2010-02-02 13:20:14

**_damondodge_**

The only way we've come up with to get around this is to create revised versions of each curriculum.  For example, if users complete the 5 courses in curriculum 1, and we decide to add an additional course, we create curriculum 1.2 with the original 5 courses and the additional content.  Our yet untested theory is that users will retain credit for the content they've taken. 

So, if we remove our learners from curriculum 1 and enroll them in curriculum 1.2, their status on the new curriculum will be "in progress," but they will not have to retake any courses to complete the new curriculum.

We are putting this theory into test in the next few weeks; I will report back on our findings.

Board footer