Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-15 16:49:59

**_Daniel_**

Laptop for ACP -what would you recommend?

Hi,
We're looking at a new laptop and want to get one that would work well for Connect meetings. Anyone using a laptop that you really like how it works with Connect Pro? Probably going with Windows vs. Mac. We know getting a fast processor is important. What else?

#2 2009-11-18 21:55:45

**_Daniel_**

Re: Laptop for ACP -what would you recommend?

So I am becoming more enamored with the macbook... Mac users - is ACP working well for you? Is a macbook a good machine to host meetings? Thanks for any advice.

#3 2009-11-19 12:27:48

**_BCCAresearch_**

Daniel,

I would take a long look at issues raised in this forum concerning Mac before moving to one. I would also avoid built in cameras, despite their convenience they often won't work (although Apple is one of the few companies to make them work, sort of) or they create a whole host of issues.

If you are presenting from the laptop I would look at screen real estate, processor speed, and frequency of use for meetings. A staff member in our organization uses a netbook for connect meetings and it works surprisingly well, even the built in camera.

Bottom line, until there is increased linux support I would go with a windows machine.

#4 2009-11-23 14:34:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

We use Dell Latitude laptops. The new E series has a great built in webcam, and Dell and Mac are the only two companies that I have seen with reliable and good quality built in webcams. I have used Dell Latitude, and Vostro laptops and Mac Books. They have all worked well, but the best support is currently with Windows. That said, you can run windows on a Mac and have the best of both worlds.

Just remember that Presenter and Captivate are PC only applications, so a Mac would also have limitations there.

#5 2009-11-23 17:02:38

**_Daniel_**

Thanks for your thoughts guys, most helpful. Jorma, glad to hear that you've been pleased with the Latitude as that is an option we are looking at.

#6 2009-11-24 12:13:23

**_BCCAresearch_**

Interesting to hear Dell has made their cameras work too. My experience with non Apple hardware has been with HP and Toshiba, neither of which preforms (despite the camera, laptop and software all being their own).

Board footer