Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-11 23:17:41

**_Chella1974_**

Module or Assessment completed

Hello

I am new to Captivate and have created a module and an activity in one movie.
Questions:
1) Does Captivate has a function whereby an administrator can tell if someone has completed a module or not?
2) How does Captivate prints movies, and if I can use these print outs to create a manual or if there is a function to create a manual template?

Thanking you in advance

Regards

Chella

#2 2009-11-12 15:44:47

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Module or Assessment completed

Chella,

1. Captivate does have the ability to notify someone when the module has been completed. It is under the following menu: Edit > Preferences > Quiz > Reporting

There you will be able to set the reporting to email, where you can define an email address to get notified when someone completes the module.

2. There is a publish to Word option in Captivate that allows you to output to handouts, or guides of your choosing. There are many settings that you can choose from, I would recommend that you play with the options and find the one that is right for you.

#3 2009-11-15 23:27:03

**_Chella1974_**

Hello

Thankx for your earlier response. I've now created a quiz and set an email ID. The last slide of the quiz has a 'Send email' button and when this is clicked I'd assume it to send an email automatically. Instead, it opens up the Outlook and waiting for me to click the Send in the Outllook.

Question: Is there a way Captivate can automatically send an email when the Send Email button is clicked on the last slide?

Thankx

Regards

Chella

#4 2009-11-17 13:17:29

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You may be able to modify the mailto: command. I would look at the properties of that button and see what you can modify.

#5 2009-11-17 16:22:09

**_Chella1974_**

Thank you for your feedback.

When I right-click on the button to access the Properties, I get 2 tabs. 'Email button' and 'Size and Position'. None of the tabs got anything I could go into and modify the mailto:, etc.

Any other suggestions or am I missing something?

Regards

Chella

#6 2009-11-17 16:38:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

In the Quiz Reporting section of the Preferences tab, next to the Email option, you can fill in what email you want the button to send the information to. I believe that is the setting you are looking for... finally had to open Cp and go find it ;).

#7 2009-11-17 16:43:38

**_Chella1974_**

I think I must have confused you. I've got the email address and etc set up. But I assumed CP will automatically send the email to the ID specified, but instead it opens the Outlook, which means I'll have to manually click the 'Send'.

Is there a way I can tell CP to send the email automatically to the specified person without opening the email software?

Thankx

Chella

#8 2009-11-26 09:11:06

**_AChemey_**

Chella,

The e-mail capabilities rely on Javascript and an e-mail client.  This means that Outlook will open up with the text of the e-mail exposed and the learner must click the "send" button in Outlook manually. 

There may be something else you can employ, such as a server-side e-mail script or other functionality, which is probably what you would prefer - but it get's a bit technical.  If you are interested, you can review this article:  http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … oprietary/

Regards,

Andrew

Board footer