Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-08 03:04:26

**_AdobeConnectUs_**

Change path of Addin files : connectaddin.exe, connecthook.dll.....

Hello all,
i would like to know if it is possible to change the directory of installed files of the addin.
By default, files are saved in
"C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\connectaddin".
So each user on the workstation have to installed it, and files are saved on his Local Profile.
However, we used a very restrictive System, that not accepts to move or copy files lke .DLL, .EXE, .CMD.....During the logoff, there are some errors concerning those files types, and roaming profile was not updated. Every changes done by the user during his session is lost.
We should be able to solve this issue if files used by addin were not saved on the Local User Profile.
Can we change the path and force Adobeconnect to search in another directory to launch the application?

We are using:
-Windows XP SP2
-IE 7.0.5730.13
-Flash Player 10
-Adobe Connect Add-in 9.1 r314
-Pointsec Protector 4.91 HFA 2

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Last edited by **_AdobeConnectUs_** (2009-11-08 03:05:24)

#2 2009-11-09 03:16:09

**_AdobeConnectUs_**

Re: Change path of Addin files : connectaddin.exe, connecthook.dll.....

Hello all,
i found a solution but it is not exactly what we want...
I can change GPO to exclude directorie "Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com" in roaming profile. There will no more errors during logoff, but if the user login to another workstation, we will have to copy system files of "Adobe connect" to his new local profile...
I checked the workstation to change the folder path, using Filemon and Regmon when launching Adobe Connect to find some informations. But no solution...
I think the solution is directly on the server, change a value on HTML page or PHP page that contain the path of the addin.
I will investigate in that way, but this server is not manage by our team.

Bye.

Board footer