Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-28 12:41:32

**_momentum1_**

Please help - PPT Font Question

When I upload a PPT to Adobe Connect it is stripping out some fonts. Do anyone know why this is happening?  Is there anything I can do about it?  The fonts that are missing are part of the Futura family and also HandSean
Thx
Steve

Last edited by **_momentum1_** (2009-10-28 12:42:06)

#2 2009-10-28 15:05:22

**_Daniel_**

Re: Please help - PPT Font Question

Hi Steve,

Some fonts are not supported, particularily Office 2007 fonts. Are you using 2003 version of PPT? If not, save your file as a .ppt (vs. the .pptx default for 07) and see if that does not resolve your issue.

Would guess that your best bet is to substitute the fonts for something else, so hopefully that is not a lot of work. Other users may have better ideas, which is the great thing about this forum. Also, someone else might know if there is a technote that addresses which fonts are supported, I could not find one.

Daniel

#3 2009-10-28 15:55:26

**_matthewwoodside_**

Embedding your fonts should fix that.  Look under PowerPoint Options > Save "Embed fonts in the file".  This will also, unfortunately, increase your file size, and the time it takes to save.

#4 2009-10-29 05:52:57

**_yannicklegarff_**

Hi Steve,

You have also a very convenient way to solve your problem by using FlashPaper, a free Adobe tool provided with Connect.

In your Connect Home page go to Getting started -> Install Adobe FlashPaper.
Once FlashPaper is installed, just right click on your PPT, convert it in SWF and upload it on your server.

Another advantage with FlashPaper is that you will be able to convert in SWF any document you can print.
In that way you could for example upload a SWF created from a Word file.

Yannick

Board footer