Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-06 16:47:26

**_joanguy_**

Reset transscript not working

Hi,

I am having an issue whereby resetting a user's transripts is not working.
The content I have is a quiz that's part of a curriculum. It's set to max attempts of 3.
The user fails 3 times and I re-set.
Only thing is, when the user goes back into the quiz, it's in review mode, even though I've set the quiz to NOT allow any user reviews.

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks,
Joan

#2 2009-10-07 10:21:06

**_mark2741_**

Re: Reset transscript not working

Are you on a licensed instance? The Reset Transcript feature did not work until the latest version/path was released this passed summer.

I believe it did work for Captivate-based content. But it didn't work for Presenter-based content.

I eventually called Support and they confirmed it was a bug and would be fixed in the latest release, which came out in June I think. It's working for us now on our hosted instance of ACP.

#3 2009-10-07 16:38:15

**_quinn_**

Mark is correct.  This was a bug and has since been fixed in SP3.   If you're a hosted customer, this shouldn't be an issue anymore since the hosted system is already on SP3.   If you're a licensed customer, I believe you can get SP3 here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/updaters.html

#4 2009-10-07 16:45:59

**_joanguy_**

Hi,

Thanks all for the replies.
We're hosted so I'm puzzled as to why it's still not working.

Thanks,
Joan

#5 2009-10-07 17:58:21

**_quinn_**

When was the last time you tried this?  And what's the domain of your account?

#6 2009-10-07 18:00:50

**_joanguy_**

I tried as recently as a few minutes ago.
I've checked the version we're running and it has SP3: 7.0.3, 34 SP3
The domain is na4.acrobat.com

#7 2009-10-07 18:17:48

**_quinn_**

So when you say 'reset', are you resetting the user's transcript back to 'Not Taken'?

#8 2009-10-07 18:24:52

**_joanguy_**

Yep that's correct. Resetting rather than overriding - so the attempts and reports all all reset.

#9 2009-10-21 18:19:25

**_quinn_**

Hi Joan,  Sorry for the late reply, but I've been on vacation.  I just tried to reproduce on NA3 and was able to.   I know that we do have this bug fixed (I tested on our latest SP as well) and it is scheduled to be pushed out fairly soon.  I would say in the next month or so, but please don't quote me on that ;-)

#10 2009-10-27 15:45:39

**_joanguy_**

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
In the meantime I've logged the issue with Support but havent had any indication yet that this is a bug that will be fixed.
We cant really roll out our curriculum until the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your responses :-)

Joan

#11 2009-11-11 10:24:43

**_jcooper9099_**

Just wanted to add that using the native reset function in Connect pro 7 sp3 gives me the same issue. It appears in a curriculum >> by user report that it is reset but the user cannot star the item over.

Also want to point out that using the reset feature or override AT ALL on  user messes up my max-sores for teh whole curriculum.

Board footer