Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-05 09:36:08

**_kathywiz1_**

Using links to external resources

Hello, I am new to Adobe Connect Training and have just started investigating how my training team can use it.  We would like to develop our own recordings and training materials and use them as courses within a curriculum, but would also like to be able to include external resources, such as documentation or e-lectures that are developed by other groups.  In those cases, we would not want to upload the external resources as content, because they are owned by other groups and they may be changing.  Ideally, I would just point to an external URL, outside of Adobe Connect Training. Is this possible?

#2 2009-10-05 10:10:53

**_thomasattrp_**

Re: Using links to external resources

There are at least three ways you can do this:
1. Use the Web Links function.  Access it via Pods>>Web Links  When the pod opens, insert whatever links you want people to see.  At the time during the presentation you want participants to see the indicated web page, video, etc., then highlight the link desired and click on "Browse To." At that moment every participant's web browser will open to the desired page
2.  Type the desired link into a PowerPoint slide. It will be hot and participants can go to the site at their leisure or when instructed.
3.  Type the link into a chat pod.  It will be hot for use when participants desire.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

Last edited by **_thomasattrp_** (2009-10-05 10:11:11)

#3 2009-10-05 10:38:11

**_mark2741_**

Thomas is spot on for synchronous meetings.

If you're planning on using Presenter for asynchronous content, unfortunately it does not support a 'Web Object' type slide like Articulate does. So you'll have to supply just the link itself and tell the students they must click the link to access the external content (it opens in a new window).

One of the biggest shortfalls of Presenter, to me, is the lack of a Web Object type feature.

#4 2009-10-05 10:55:54

**_Brice_**

Hello,

If you want to use this external ressources in a curriculum, you can add an "external training" and write the URL in the appropriated field.

Regards,
Brice

#5 2009-10-05 13:05:29

**_kathywiz1_**

Thank you Brice. The 'external training' option is what I was looking for.  I could not figure out how to add that until I used that term to search the help and found the instructions.

Board footer