Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-30 16:20:40

**_wayned_**

Video of speaker not showing in recorded meetings

When viewing one of my recorded meetings, the video of the speaker that was in the 'Camera and Voice' pod does not show. Rather, the gray profile graphic displays. Does anyone know of why this might be or have you had a similar problem?  This seems to happen also when the video was 'freezed' to a static picture. Any thoughts???

Last edited by **_wayned_** (2009-09-30 16:21:32)

#2 2009-10-01 07:50:44

**_gajett_**

Re: Video of speaker not showing in recorded meetings

do you only lose the video of the speaker?  Does the audio remain intact throughout the entire recording?

--g--

#3 2009-10-01 08:25:13

**_wayned_**

The audio remains intact. Just the video is affected. This is a fairly common problem with my recordings.

#4 2009-10-01 09:05:38

**_gajett_**

that's really odd, since both audio and video are in the same file when used like this.
your presenter starts cv pod, has av going and pauses the cam to give static image.  you get one .flv file for the duration of the recording (provided there are no starts/stops of that person's stream)
also, in my experience, it is more typical to lose both.
if this is a major/important issue (recovering the video/static pic), you *may* be able to fix the problem if the problem is related to keyframes.
Here's some instruction on how to repair blown keyframes: http://media4.stcloudstate.edu/p74093959/
It's a pdf i created (quickly!).  note that there are different instructions if you are licensed or hosted.

Greg

#5 2009-10-01 11:02:59

**_wayned_**

Yes, that is what happens, we have a meeting using the video function in the 'Camera and Voice' pod, record the meeting, then lose some or all of the video displaying in the 'Camera and Voice' pod. The audio has not been affected.

Thanks very much for the info about repairing a recording that lost video or audio. That will be a big help in fixing my recordings.

*Does anyone have ideas on how to prevent the loss of the video from the recording?  Is this something Adobe needs to develop a patch for, or are there best practices for meetings that will eliminate this?

Board footer