Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-21 01:17:10

**_MarcelH_**

Prevent Quizmanager from resetting positions of buttons etc.

Hi there,
is there any way telling the Quizmanager not to reset the positions of the "send"-Button, "back"-button and the questions itself, after I delete or modify a question?

Thank you in advance
Marcel

#2 2009-09-23 16:28:38

**_robva65_**

Re: Prevent Quizmanager from resetting positions of buttons etc.

Marcel,

I recently discovered a nifty little artifact while working with the Submit/Reset buttons:  their placement is dicatated by the Object Area text box element available via your presentation's Slide Manager.

Here's the scoop: if you go to your Slide Master in PPT, take a look at the Object Area text box.  As an example, I have a text box in my Slide Master with the following coordinates and properties:

.17" from the top left
2.25 from the top left

height: 4.5"
width: 9.59"

Now...back to the Quiz Manager...if you take a look at the Appearance tab while in the Quiz Manager, the only settings available are "orientation" and "position on slide".  The bottom line here is that the placement of the buttons is absolutely controlled by the framework of the slide master's text box object.

The fix?

You have a couple of opportunities here.  The first is to simply resize/reposition your Slide Master object and if you go back into the quiz manager and just click "OK", then your buttons will "snap" to their new position.  The second option I believe is far more powerful, but it requires additional work upfront.  Simply put, if you create a new Slide Master set, specifically designed to deal with question slides

#3 2009-09-24 02:50:35

**_MarcelH_**

I don't know how to thank you, rob :D I tried positioning the wrong Textbox, thats why it didtnt work.

#4 2009-09-24 07:55:21

**_robva65_**

No problem! 

Glad that helped...and to be brutally honest, it was something that I recently discovered myself.  Good thing too, because I was getting very frustrated having to reposition those buttons every time I fixed something in the Quiz Manager.

Board footer