Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-09-23 18:06:01

cuc1600901980

Application Not Working Again

I have grown pretty familiar with the error, "Adobe Connect has stopped working". When attempting to launch the app earlier this month, several of our hosts and participants received the error for several days. And then for several days, we stopped seeing the error. Suddenly last night and today, we are seeing it again. It's pretty difficult to host a class when the app is required but you cannot use it. I've been forced to train using Flash, but I cannot share my screen which is critical. This morning, our participants also had intermittent issues accessing class through HTML, the classroom would start to load and then freeze.  This afternoon, they were able to join in HTML; however audio was not recognized in Adobe when users joined using dial out so we could not hold breakout sessions. And still, the app is not working.  Please don't tell me to call support; their service is terrible and they are trying to blame the issue on my company.  Up until now, I've preferred Adobe Connect over other platforms, but if this continues, we'll have to move away from it for other more stable options.

#2 2020-09-24 07:04:08

BeenHere

Re: Application Not Working Again

I hope you get some kind of answer. Dealing with Adobe Connect support for months now and I can say if they go out of business it won't be product market fit instead it will be denial of service.

#3 2020-09-30 10:36:59

Jorma_at_CoSo

BeenHere, thanks for the constructive input.

The shift from Flash (which we are all comfortable with) to HTML (new and kind of scary) is going to have some bumps in the road. I believe there is a new version of the App, which has fixes, that was just recently released. Maybe that will be the fix for your users, but this may be a need to reinstall the App. Not ideal, but sometimes that is how this goes.

I've not heard of the audio issue. This may benefit from a conversation with your audio provider to see if any insight can be gained from their end.

#4 2020-09-30 20:31:34

cuc1599830421

We had the same audio problems as host today. We joined the meetings but attendees wasn't able to listen to host because AC11 did not regonized host mics. Only solution leave and reenter. We also experienced lack of audio in breakout rooms. When attendees were in the breakout-rooms sometimes it was possible to hear the conversion in the main room.

#5 2020-10-05 01:13:57

BeenHere

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

BeenHere, thanks for the constructive input.

The shift from Flash (which we are all comfortable with) to HTML (new and kind of scary) is going to have some bumps in the road. I believe there is a new version of the App, which has fixes, that was just recently released. Maybe that will be the fix for your users, but this may be a need to reinstall the App. Not ideal, but sometimes that is how this goes.

I've not heard of the audio issue. This may benefit from a conversation with your audio provider to see if any insight can be gained from their end.

Hi Jorma,

It's expected to have bumps on the road but vendor can not play deaf. There should be a steady update and a communication between Adobe Connect team and clients. We are facing hundreds of students complaints we can neither answer nor solve.

Clients will have to move to an other platform unwillingly because of this blind ride.

Board footer