Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-08-28 14:17:19

GRauchfuss

Windows App Error

I'm getting a message when I launch Windows App to update the app. I select update, it appears the update is completed and then the app restarts. The update message appears again. Anyway to stop this loop?

#2 2020-08-31 16:01:29

alistairlee

Re: Windows App Error

Not sure if this is still happening, but I believe it was an issue fixed on the server. Please contact support if it's still happening.

#3 2020-09-01 12:57:04

jdrane

This is not fixed.9/1/2020 1:56 pm ET

#4 2020-09-01 13:05:28

alistairlee

Understood. The support team and engineering are looking at this issue now as their highest priority and I will post any solutions or workarounds.

#5 2020-09-03 07:10:01

Bora Unal

alistairlee wrote:

Not sure if this is still happening, but I believe it was an issue fixed on the server. Please contact support if it's still happening.

Hi,

This problem looks like 32bit support issue. On my end attendees with Windows 32 bit are stuck in the update loop, and when one tries to launch the new application a window pops up saying "This app can't run on your PC"

Contacted support yesterday, waiting for a fix.

Screenshot: https://www.evernote.com/l/ABLDrdejb99M … n8CVhA_yIA

#6 2020-09-03 13:14:23

GRauchfuss

I was able to get it working on my machine, but I have many hosts in my organization that either cannot get the app to install at all or cannot launch Adobe once the app has been installed. They are reporting that they cannot even launch a meeting using a web-browser. Our domain is set for the upgrade on 9/13.

#7 2020-09-04 01:33:24

BeenHere

alistairlee wrote:

The problem with Adobe Connect Support team that: It is terrible.

It has ben almost 3 days since I last contacted and I'm quite sure that there are 1000s of people with this problem.

I'm sure you are aware that people businesses depends on the service that you are providing. We have no idea what is the problem and we can't give any good answer to our clients.

Things that Adobe can do/ could have done:

- Postpone mandatory update so old application could be used until new application is fixed.
- Make a statement about the problem, and deliver a timeframe so that managers could answer attendees questions or forward them to Adobe statement page.

Sometimes I feel like Adobe Connect team is a 3 people family business who has to do all the work.

If you leave your customers alone in the dark they will eventually.

Last edited by BeenHere (2020-09-04 01:37:30)

Board footer