Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-17 19:08:29

**_Daniel_**

How can I get my work hosted on your Server and other Q's?

Can you tell me how I should proceed... We have a potential client interested in some work we've created in Presenter. We have not sold our Presenter work before, and the only place it's ever been hosted is on our Connect Pro Account. What do I need to do to get the work to the client? Not sure exactly how they will handle it as we haven't yet ascertained if they use ACP or some other system. Can I publish to the client's server? What do I need to know to do this? Typically, would a client give me permission to publish to their server? If we don't publish it to a Connect Server, I zip it up, send it to them and tell them to... what?

What have you done, or what would you do if you were the client? What would you want from me to buy our work?

Also, our work consists of several Presenter files that create a package, so the learner takes modules 1-9 for instance. How would I best link module 1 to module 2, and so forth. Do most of you who have consecutive modules include a hyperlink at the end of module 1 that connects to module 2?

Thanks, we don't have any experience with this, so I appreciate any knowledge that will prevent us from sounding totally ignorant.

Daniel

#2 2009-09-18 08:27:52

**_robva65_**

Re: How can I get my work hosted on your Server and other Q's?

Daniel,

As part of a learning services organization (meaning that we build training for other folks), there's a variety of ways to deliver Presenter content, most of which I'm sure you're already aware of.

I'm going to make an assumption here that the game plan is to deliver your content that will ultimately be posted on your client's LMS...you used the word "learner" in your post, so I'm guessing that we're talking about course content, rather than converting a PPT deck for the sake of creating a virtual presentation.

Before handing off anything to a client, I think you're going to need to investigate the framework of the client's environment beforehand.  Getting access to their server is one thing; but ensuring that your material will operate correctly on that server is something else.  Added to that is the use of question slides in a deck.  If the goal is to launch content as learning material, you're going to need to do an analysis of their LMS framework.  Is it AICC?  SCORM?  And as you pointed out, it could be ACP for all you know.  That automatically means some level of testing is required....and that also means getting a version of your content set up on their LMS to see if things operate, track and report as expected. 

At a very basic level, you can easily conduct ADL tests on your Presenter content to validate/verify SCORM compliance (be sure to save such reporting so the client knows you did your homework!), and with that, if needed, you could create a simple test "course" that contains all the elements that the client wants from your original content....then zip that up so that your client can download and install your "test course" to ensure compatibility on their LMS.

Bottom line: I would NEVER zip my files and ship to a client without prelim testing in their environment.  Not all LMS's behave the same way.  And for that matter, if you're using survey questions in your content,  not all LMS's will keep track of user information/interaction with survey question types.  We got burned on a test when we discovered that Likert Scale question slides were not tracked at all with Docent 6.5!

With regard to multiple SCO courses, there are a couple of methods you could explore.  Although I'm not entirely sure what your process is for "packaging" several modules together, generally speaking, the LMS could effectively list each course/mod for the learners.   There really wouldn't be a need to create a patchwork of interconnected Presenter material, but again, it's going to be dependant on the framework of what ever environment you have to post to.

As soon as everything checks out, then it's off to production mode, publishing the content (which may include zipping the course right then and there during the publishing process or after publishing to your computer...either way, it doesn't matter) and then making the zip file available to the client for final installation.

Hope that helps, but if you have any other questions, or if I have been clear enough, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Rob

robva65@netscape.net
http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

#3 2009-09-18 13:09:33

**_Daniel_**

Re: How can I get my work hosted on your Server and other Q's?

Rob,
Thanks for this response. This is indeed, most helpful.
Daniel

Board footer