Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-01-03 09:45:45

cuc1578061872

User's role was not changed in meeting room

Hello

I have the strange behavior in meeting room.

Steps for reproducing:

1) Create new meeting
2) Add new user in meeting with Participant role. Now We have two user in meeting: Host and Participant.
3) Go to meeting room. IT is okay. I see Host and Participant.
4) End meeting.
4) Go to adobe connect to edit Meeting Participant and change role for user from Participant to Presenter.
5) Start meeting again and go to meeting. I expected to see one user with Host name and second user with Presenter role. But I User with Host name and user with Participant role (it is old role before changing in AC)

Is it error ?

#2 2020-01-03 10:47:19

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: User's role was not changed in meeting room

Most likely this is a cookie issue. Either clear browser cache, use a private browsing window, use a different browser or wait till the session cookie expires. If the user is a registered user, then they can go to the home page of your Connect account and log out, this will expire their session cookie as well.

#3 2020-01-06 09:58:42

cuc1578061872

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Most likely this is a cookie issue. Either clear browser cache, use a private browsing window, use a different browser or wait till the session cookie expires. If the user is a registered user, then they can go to the home page of your Connect account and log out, this will expire their session cookie as well.

Hello Jorma
I tried these solutions: clear cache, use private window. But It did not help.

#4 2020-01-06 11:02:35

Jorma_at_CoSo

Does the second user have a blue or gold shirt in the Attendee pod?

#5 2020-01-07 04:50:08

Roman

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Does the second user have a blue or gold shirt in the Attendee pod?

if I understand your question correctly, the user has a gold shirt.
Please see screenshot.
https://monosnap.com/file/Y17VeJI02Ems5PyYQCah44dOTQafAq

#6 2020-01-07 12:06:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Darn. Well, I think without diving deeper it's hard to say what is happening.

In your screen shot, it looks like you have the same login used to join twice. But maybe that is just because there is the same name for both logins.

Have you tried creating a new test account and verified if the behavior is different?

Can you share the Edit Participants page for that room, to verify that these users have Host/Presenter rights?

And have you tried reaching out to Adobe Support? They should be able to work with you in a live session to identify the issue. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

#7 2020-01-07 13:13:37

Roman

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

In your screen shot, it looks like you have the same login used to join twice. But maybe that is just because there is the same name for both logins.

Yep. There is the same name for both logins

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Have you tried creating a new test account and verified if the behavior is different?

YEs. I did. I created new AC user and had the same behavior.

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Can you share the Edit Participants page for that room, to verify that these users have Host/Presenter rights?

http://prntscr.com/qkhwfv

Thnaks Jorma for help.
I will request Adobe Support

#8 2020-01-08 03:59:40

Roman

I requested Adobe Support.
The issue was resolved.
The reason is that's because the meeting is live and it takes time at the server end to take the changes to effect in the meeting room
if those changes are done from outside meeting room
if you make the changes wait for 15-20 minutes and then check it should be fine

Board footer