Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-04-22 21:13:45

kirkdickinson

Not opening correct shared document

I did a dry run for my first Adobe Connect Seminar tonight. I have a logo to share on my screen and I started with that. I unshared the logo and then shared a Power Point that I had uploaded before the session. I played with that just for testing and let my presenters play with the draw tools. I unshared and selected the logo to share again, but it went back into the presentation instead. I had it happen more than once. I thought maybe the file list was indexing the wrong files, but it would usually flash the logo up, then jump back into a presentation.

Last edited by kirkdickinson (2019-04-22 21:23:59)

#2 2019-04-23 10:06:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Not opening correct shared document

It sounds like you keep calling back to your PPT presentation. This will load and then jump to the slide you left it on.

I've never heard of the wrong content object loading (doesn't mean it couldn't happen). Each object uploaded to Connect gets its own SCO ID, which is a unique numerical identifier that Connect uses to call to it.

How are you calling back to your uploaded content?

#3 2019-04-23 10:28:03

kirkdickinson

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

How are you calling back to your uploaded content?

I am clicking Share My Screen, Share Document, Uploaded Files/My Content and picking a file from that list.

There is a possibility I clicked on Share History last night instead of Uploaded Files. That might have been the problem.

Thanks

#4 2019-04-23 12:02:44

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ah, ok. That workflow creates a new instance of the Share pod to display the presentation.

If it is calling the wrong object it may be something that needs to be addressed by Adobe (assuming the account is Hosted) as they'll have access to the logs and database to see what is going on.

#5 2019-04-23 13:26:24

kirkdickinson

Yes, it is hosted. This is my first Adobe webinar.

Board footer