Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-09 10:25:43

**_pafell_**

Adding a course to multiple folders in the training catalog--possible?

I don't know whether this is possible or not (or if someone may have a clever workaround) but I thought I would ask here because there always seems to be someone with a brilliant solution in these forums.

I would like to create a folder structure in our Training Catalog where courses would be placed into a folder based on the target audience for that course.  The problem I am encountering is that I don't appear to be able to put a course into more than one folder in the Training Catalog if there are multiple target audiences.  Am I missing something or is that a limitation of the way Connect is designed?  Our users all self-enroll for courses that they are interested in and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it easy for them to find what they are looking for (i.e. "All the courses you would be interested in are in this folder").

If you cannot assign a course to more than one folder, can anyone think of a workaround for this scenario?

By the way, if anybody from Adobe's design team is reading this... the ability to assign a course to more than one folder in the Training Catalog would be a nice enhancement for a future release.

Many thanks,
Paul

#2 2009-10-07 16:47:34

**_quinn_**

Re: Adding a course to multiple folders in the training catalog--possible?

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, there's no way to have a course appear in multiple folders in the training catalog with ConnectPro. 

There is a workaround for this.  As you probably know, a course is created from content that is published under the Content tab.  You can create X number of identical courses based on this 1 content.  Then assign X number of courses to different folders in the training catalog.  However, I'm not sure if this is worth the trouble just because it seems to be a management nightmare and you will have to collate all the reports from the X number of reports yourself. 

Hope this helps,
Quinn

#3 2009-10-08 10:23:39

**_pafell_**

Re: Adding a course to multiple folders in the training catalog--possible?

Thanks Quinn,
I had thought of that workaround as well.  Unfortunately, as you point out, the reporting on it becomes problematic and it also results in a different URL for each course. 

Thank you for the suggestion though!
Kind regards,
Paul

Board footer