Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-08 12:17:34

**_connectfred_**

HELP - Web services API access from SWFs launched in a POD

When setting up a Meeting in Connect Pro, is it possible to access the web services API from an SWF launched in a POD?

Some additional info:
Flash player security player dictates that a cross-domain policy file is required to access data from another domain. ex: using XML object to pull XML from another domain.

To confirm, I was able to load XML from the Connect Pro web service api in an SWF running in the local sandbox but not from the server. Loading the web services API data from an SWF launched in a Meeting pod was not successful either. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

#2 2009-09-08 14:09:41

**_tlchurch_**

Re: HELP - Web services API access from SWFs launched in a POD

Do you have the appropriate user permissions on the server (e.g. if you are trying to pull administrator-level data, are you a member of the administrator's group?)

If you are in a meeting room on the server (e.g. connect.mycompany.com), the cross-domain policy should not apply because you are accessing the current domain.

#3 2009-09-08 14:59:13

**_connectfred_**

Re: HELP - Web services API access from SWFs launched in a POD

Thanks for the feedback.

You are correct, the cross-domain policy did not apply and I got it to work.

I was using a unique subdomain associated with the 'company', and not the host URL as is detailed in the common-info query.

Board footer