Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-04 14:53:26

**_tmaciag_**

SWF File inserted to Presenter will not play.

(please excuse my Flash ignorance)

I have a Flash file (FLA) that I export to .swf.  When I try to insert the .swf via the 'Insert .swf' button within the Presenter tab, and then publish it, all i get is this .flv icon that jitters and flashes.

I tried inserting a sample .swf file from one of the support folders in the Flash application folder, and it worked fine.

So I suspect it's the way I am exporting this particular FLA to SWF.  I have made sure it's exporting at 30fps.

The .flv file that was inserted into the Flash 'stage' is on a Flash Media Server, and when importing it, i choose that option. (rtmp)

Any ideas what could be happening here?

#2 2009-09-04 15:21:04

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: SWF File inserted to Presenter will not play.

have you tried just inserting the FLV? That would remove a few moving parts from this equation and FLV is a better video delivery medium than SWF.

#3 2009-09-08 07:50:03

**_tmaciag_**

The .flv is on a Flash server and I have a rtmp:// URL  (rtmp://###.###.###.##/etc .flv), I do not have the .flv  as a local file.

So I am trying to figure out how to embed this into Presenter and publish it, but having no luck.

#4 2009-09-08 09:20:46

**_tmaciag_**

OK I think I figured it out:

1) SWF file needs to be Action Script 2.0
2) When authoring the Flash file, choose 'none' for the skin selection.
3) Click on the 'manage .swf' tab within Presenter, and click the checkbox to control the .swf with the Presenter play bar.

Seems to work.

Board footer