Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-02 10:26:54

**_stkn_**

Camcorder video and audio in Connect Pro

Hi,

I want to connect my camcorder via Firewire to use as a source for both video and audio. Is their a way to do that?

#2 2009-09-02 11:04:52

**_gajett_**

Re: Camcorder video and audio in Connect Pro

try it.
i've connected a cam via firewire/dv connection and been able to access both the audio and video in connect.  you may have to play w/ the cam settings, or turn it on to the record mode, etc...

if your cam doesn't work, there is a piece of software that can help w/ this, too.  it's called DVDriver and is about $20.

greg

#3 2009-09-03 03:57:52

**_stkn_**

OK, what type of camera and computer are you using?

I have tried DVDriver but I think that it doesn't support audio. I have also tried WebCamDV that supports both audio and video but that program doesn't work with Adobe Connect.

#4 2009-09-03 10:26:54

**_BCCAresearch_**

What kind of camera/computer are you using? Are there drivers available from the manufacturer?

You need to be able to add your camera as a capture device. When connected to you computer does it show up in the control panel under cameras and scanners?

Can you capture audio and video using any other application like VLC media player (it supports direct capture)?

#5 2009-09-03 10:42:35

**_stkn_**

I'm using a Panasonic DVX-100 and a PC (dell) with Windows XP Pro. It does show up as a Camera in
"My Computer".

Yes. I can capture Audio and Video using VLC, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Bambuser etc. but not with Connect Pro.

#6 2009-09-04 10:52:09

**_BCCAresearch_**

Are you using a capture card or the onboard IEEE 1394 (firewire) port? It sounds like while your PC can use the camera to capture and stream video using direct draw, ACP is requiring a capture card or device to be able to use the camera in a meeting room. You should still get great video quality if you have to use something like Dazzle (usually around $50) to capture video from a composite source.

You may be able to use FMS to stream that video into the meeting room too, which does present the possibility of streaming to a share pod rather than the camera and voice pod.

#7 2009-09-04 11:09:36

**_stkn_**

I'm using the IEEE 1394 (firewire) port

Is it possible to use FMS and send video to the share pod?

#8 2009-09-04 11:26:19

**_BCCAresearch_**

You'll likely need an acutal capture card; Adobe Premiere can be just as fickle with video sources. Even if you're able to connect your camera and display video using direct draw, Premiere tended to let you capture video unless you had a capture card. My experience has been with Sony Cameras using Apple machines but when working on Windows machines we always needed a capture card to capture from a DV source.

For streaming using FMS you'll need a custom Pod. Check with Real Eyes Media, they post regularly on the forum.

Good Luck!

#9 2009-09-15 21:30:07

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

DVDriver from www.eagletron.com will work with any Mini DV based camcorder (the new HDD and Flash based units don't include Firewire output) and if you combine it with their TrackerPod you get a complete remote control solution.

I regularly use DVDriver with Canon and Sony Camcorders and get great results.

Our Talking Stick pod also provides a way to bring in live streams from one or multiple FMS servers as well as webcams in the same meeting.

I use a Canon DV Camcorder hooked up via Firewire and broadcasting use Flash Media Encoder to push a live stream at 720x480 30fps in to Talking Stick using an FMS account. It provides near TV Broadcast quality with almost zero lag on the signal. Using DVDirver and the Tracker pod I can pan, tilt and zoom the unit from anywhere in the world.

You can also read this posting http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … 8750#p8750 for more detail.

Good Luck,

Terry

Board footer