Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-01 10:05:24

**_connectfred_**

Making API calls from within - Flash object & Collaboration SDK

Would like to know the following..

1) - Is it possible to query which meeting the current user is in?

2) - Furthermore, is it possible to make web services API calls from within the Connect Pro application, from a shareable content object (Flash for example)? The collaboration tool SDK provides limited access to Connect Pro environment (user id/name..that's it)

Purpose - to pass session/group/meeting information to a 3rd-party application.

THanks.

#2 2009-09-02 00:21:37

**_michael_**

Re: Making API calls from within - Flash object & Collaboration SDK

You may be able to handle your purpose-statement above by using the XML Web Services instead.  Meeting information, who's in the meeting, transcripts, etc... are all accessible via the web services.

#3 2009-09-02 10:02:02

**_connectfred_**

The original question..

Part#1 - can one make those XML Web Services API calls from within Connect Pro? (particularly from a shareable object, like a Flash SCO launched in a shareable POD)

Part#2 - I've test the web services API and made queries with it. What I can't seem to ask is : "What is the sco-id of the Meeting that is assciated with the current session?" - Meeting can persist across multiple sessions, if I'm not mistaken; so is it possible, using the current user's principal-id to determine the current sco-id ?

Thank you.

#4 2009-09-08 12:08:42

**_connectfred_**

Narrowed down the question..

Flash Player security policy requires a cross-domain security policy file for data access (content other than an SWF - like using the XML object).

Question - does Connect Pro provide such a cross-domain policy file to allow SWF launched in a pod to access the web services API ?

Any info on this would be extremely helpful.

THanks.

#5 2009-09-15 15:16:57

**_connectfred_**

Cross-domain policy udpate not needed.
For the url to the api call, make sure to use the domain as shown in the <host> URL path (see api call 'common-info') , and not the url to the meeting (ie: mycompany.acrobat.com).

Access the api from a shared Flash object is not an issue. The call will return an xml string. You can use both the XML object or XMLConnector component.

#6 2009-09-15 15:20:11

**_connectfred_**

Re: part #2 of the questions - I was able to get the sco-id of the Flash object by looking at the URL from Flash. (Movieclips have a '_url' property). Having the sco-id of the Flash object allows you to query via connect pro api the sco-id of the associated meeting. (see : action=sco-info&sco-id=<sco-id here..>)

Board footer