Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-31 16:34:58

**_lstabler_**

Participants' audio and breakout rooms

Today we had our usual classroom meeting, 16 participants, all logged into the meeting.  While the ppt was being presented, I created 2 breakout rooms and assigned half to each.  BEFORE I began the breakout session part of the meeting, 3 participants did not have audio.  They were unable to connect to the audio, even after logging out and back in.  They either got music, or a message that they were being put on hold.

What did I do wrong?

#2 2009-09-01 10:04:30

**_mrock66_**

Re: Participants' audio and breakout rooms

Its hard to say, can you provide more info?  Was it telephony or VOIP?  Version of Connect?

#3 2009-09-01 10:23:43

**_lstabler_**

We use Premier Global conferencing system and ConnectPro.  Enterprise Server, meeting site is copyrighted 2001-2008, not sure which version that is.

#4 2009-09-01 15:32:53

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

lstabler wrote:

We use Premier Global conferencing system and ConnectPro.  Enterprise Server, meeting site is copyrighted 2001-2008, not sure which version that is.

As far as I know, and unfortunately, Premiere Global's Connect Pro telephony integration does not support audio in Breakout Rooms. If a representative from PGi can confirm or dispel this, it'd be much appreciated.

The AudioOne solution for Connect Pro telephony integration by MeetingOne fully supports Breakout Rooms.

#5 2009-09-01 15:34:58

**_lstabler_**

This question is about not having audio BEFORE I began the breakout session.  All I had done was assign people to rooms, I had not started the breakout session.

#6 2009-09-01 16:04:27

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Are you saying that before you even assigned the Participants into the Breakout Rooms that they were on the call; as in they had audio just fine, but when you assigned them into the Breakout Rooms (without beginning the Breakout sessions), they lost their audio?

Since PGi doesn't support Breakout Rooms, the audio may simply become separated from the Participants when they are assigned to Breakout Rooms, before the Begin Breakouts button is even pushed.

#7 2009-09-01 16:08:18

**_lstabler_**

Yes, I think that's what happened.  I think maybe the 3 participants that lost audio could have been in the process of calling in (their name was on the attendee list).

#8 2009-09-01 16:14:54

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

This may be better handled by Premiere Global support unfortunately, seeing as there was no lack of performance with Connect Pro, clearly just PGi's telephony.

Or, if anyone from PGi can chime in and assist, I'm sure that lstabler would appreciate it greatly.

#9 2009-09-01 16:18:11

**_lstabler_**

My concern is how to use the ConnectPro breakout rooms feature.  If I have to wait until people are actually logged on and in the classroom, and make sure everyone is receiving audio, THEN assign people to breakout rooms, I can do that.  But, what about people who arrive late?  They don't ever get audio.  Strange and makes breakout sessions hard to apply.

#10 2009-09-01 16:30:56

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

You can wait until they're all logged in, but you don't necessarily have to.

Connect Pro will allow Participants to join a Meeting Room and/or Virtual Classroom while Breakout Rooms are active, and you can assign them accordingly after they've entered. But since PGi doesn't support audio in Breakout Rooms, they most likely will not have audio if they are assigned to a Breakout Room.

So if having the audio is an absolute imperative, employees of Premiere Global are members of this forum, and you can find their contact information in this thread:
http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … php?id=714
At least this way, you can confirm the audio portion of your issue(s).

#11 2009-09-01 16:32:41

**_lstabler_**

Okay thanks, I'll try to contact them.  There must be a way to make this work.

#12 2009-09-30 14:31:55

**_gmorgan_**

Hi Istabler/Jeff
Just to confirm I'm a PGi representative in Toronto Canada & quite a few of my accounts use our integrated solution with connect breakout rooms.
The conference/meeting has to be started within the main room and then split up into the breakout rooms by using the *21 or sub meeting feature.  Unfortunately these sub meetings will not be recorded.  they do however allow you to facilitate a Connect Pro Meeting w/ audio and still use the breakout room functionality.
Additionally, if attendees arrive late for the session they will enter through the main meeting page where they can join the main conference then be assigned to a breakout session.

I hope this helps to answer your question!

#13 2009-10-01 10:17:01

**_lstabler_**

Thanks for the reply gmorgan.  In the case I mentioned, the people who arrived late were automatically put on "hold" by the system and it would not put them into the main meeting room.  They had no audion at all. 

Could that be because I did not use the *21 function when assigning others to the breakout rooms?

#14 2009-10-20 10:23:29

**_aaron_schuyler_**

@gmorgan I'm getting mixed answers here. I just contacted my Premeiere rep only to be told that breakout audio would not be supported until C7.5 SP1 (some time Late in Q1 2010). Are you saying we can use it now? We've switched break-out rooms off system wide so as not to confuse our meeting hosts who use teleconferences almost exclusively...

#15 2009-11-24 11:31:35

**_barry_**

Looks like I'm joining this discussion a month late, but I just tried breakouts for the first time yesterday and ran into the "Audio breakouts are not supported message." However, I jumped over to the myrcplus website and was able to breakout the audio from there. Further research on the pgimeet site suggests that *21 is probably the easiest way to accomplish this, but you have to let each attendee know in advance which room s/he will be entering.
So, breakouts with PGi are more difficult that simply clicking a name in ConnectPro, but they can be done.

Board footer