Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-27 17:47:03

**_bcaille_**

Unusable users

We already posted about this issue and still waiting for an answer.  It is becoming quite urgent.  Any help would be appreciated.

When creating new users through the API and try to login to Connect Pro using their login, I end up with this :

"As a registered guest, you do not have privileges to access this page.
Please use your Connect Pro user account or
contact your Connect Pro administrator for assistance."

My users are created and enrolled correctly (Learners group) but the login keeps failing, why?
Anybody ever ran into this?

Thanks in advance

#2 2009-08-31 12:10:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Unusable users

You are creating guests. Guests have the ability to register for events and attend events that they have registered for.

Only Users of your account can access Training if they are enrolled in it. You can either use the UI to convert your Guests to Registered Users (Admin > Users and Groups > Manage Guests) or there may be some way to convert them through the API. Or you could recreate them as users and disregard the Guest accounts.

#3 2009-08-31 12:29:09

**_bcaille_**

Thanks, I just changed my code from "Learners" to "Users" and it seems to be working.

Would it be possible to clarify the documentation?

Learners :  The built-in group learners, for users who take courses.
User :         A registered user on the server.

Seems to me a learner should be a user with a couple more privileges.

#4 2009-10-06 17:52:44

**_sfsmithcha_**

Users is the only type that should be used for users.  Learners is a type reserved for a group.  This could definitely be clearer in the documentation.

Also, there are no privileges associated with the built-in Learners group.

Board footer