Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-27 10:52:31

**_jbg_**

Shared Contents Library - Customize Video player for flv files uploade

When uploading an flv file on our connect pro hosted server, how can we control the player?

I mean when clicking on the URL to display the recording is there any way  to :
- automatically start the recording
- customize the design of the player (youtube like with a big "play" button in front of the video)

regards

#2 2009-08-28 09:03:37

alistairlee

Re: Shared Contents Library - Customize Video player for flv files uploade

Hey jbg,

To control the video playback in that way, you'd need to wrap the FLV in a SWF (using something like Flash Professional) before uploading.

Doing this will allow you to size the video and add you own custom controls - including a big play button in front of the video.  You could also set it to start playing automatically.

The catch is that as a SWF, it won't be synchronized if you bring it into a Connect Pro meeting.  Everyone will have their own set of controls and could play/pause the video independently.  This could be an advantage or disadvantage depending on your requirements.

Here's an example of a FLV that I wrapped in a basic SWF to control the playback.
http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/presentersettings

#3 2009-08-28 09:42:02

**_jbg_**

thanks for your quick response

I found an interesting solution >>> I inserted my flv in a captivate project an published it on Connect Pro.

I just works perfectly

Thanks

#4 2009-08-28 10:51:59

**_BCCAresearch_**

Could you not add the sync script from the SDK to sync play back like any other swf?

#5 2009-08-28 19:18:14

alistairlee

Good point - you could use the SDK to sync the playback.  This would require extra development time though.

Board footer