Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-26 20:02:15

**_Neets_**

Inserted SWF file in Presenter uploaded to Connect Pro misbehaves

Hi

I have five inserted SWF files in my Presenter file.  Four are demonstrations, the fifth is a training simulation with right-click click box.

I know you need to zip up the training simulation (tested this with the Captivate project) and upload the zip file in order for the right-click to work.  So I figured now this Captivate project is inserted into Presenter I would need to zip up the Presenter file and upload to Connect Pro.

All good so far.

However when I access the URL all my inserted SWF files are messed up.

Some I see the first slide of my CP4 project and it jumps me to the last slide of the project.  Another of the inserted SWF files I hear the audio from the first slide of the CP4 inserted project and it jumps me part way through the project.

Another jumps me to the first quiz slide in the CP4 inserted project.

And my training simulation dumps me part way through it (the right click click box is on one of the earlier slides).

I'm a new user and I can't for the life of me understand this behaviour.

I've been publishing Presenter to My Computer and viewing it in the browser and it behaves as expected, but my training simulation of course wont show the right click.  I knew I'd only get to review this by publishing to Connect Pro.  But now I've encountered a monster.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation.

Can someone help?

thanks
Anita

#2 2009-08-28 11:13:10

**_famouscookies_**

Re: Inserted SWF file in Presenter uploaded to Connect Pro misbehaves

Hmm. Sounds like there are a lot of variables to troubleshoot, but first, which versions of Adobe Presenter and MS PPT are you using?

Also, were the SWFs created for this presentation or were they pulled from another project? I'm wondering if they have embedded attributes that are contributing to your issues.

#3 2009-08-30 16:00:35

**_Neets_**

Hi

I'm using Presenter 7 with Office 2007.

The CP4 projects were made specifically for this Presenter file.

I've now removed the slide that requires a right-click click from the Training Simulation.  I've uploaded the file to our website (as a workaround) and it's fine.  It plays the 4 demos from first slide to the end slide without jumping as it does when it's published from Presenter to Connect Pro.

Here is the URL for the demo from Connect Pro:
http://payglobal.na4.acrobat.com/p98747382/

Here is the URL for the same demo from our website:
http://www.partner.payglobal.com/viewers/gtkpg/

I suggest clicking on the Demo:  Add a new Employee

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

cheers
Anita

#4 2009-08-31 08:22:12

**_AChemey_**

Anita,

I would suspect your Flash animations make use of _root or _global.  Can you either confirm or contact me off-list and I can review them.

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew AT LearningConsulting DOT com

#5 2009-09-02 16:39:56

**_Neets_**

Thanks so much for your time in helping.  After you pointed out you were able to view the Presenter file from the Connect Pro link I posted, I had someone else within the organisation test it.  It worked perfectly for them too.

I've since cleared my cookies (as has another person involved in the initial testing) and it now plays all SWF files inserted into the Presenter file as I expected.

So that's a bit embarrassing.  I had no idea the cookies would interfere with the playing of the file.

Cheers
Anita

Board footer