Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-17 13:03:04

**_pjewett_**

Best Practices (Guidelines) for incoming Video from Vendors?

Hi All,

I need to put together some guidelines for our vendors that are providing us with video content that is then converted and uploaded to ConnectPro. I'd like to get this info from "real world" experience with the product.

Things like:

-Best formats
-Size (file size & length-90minutes, etc)
-Anything else you would provide to ensure what you get will work best with Acrobat Connect Pro

Thanks!

This info will go to vendors submitting content most often for conferences that have 50-150 connecting users (indiv. connections)....

#2 2009-08-17 15:02:06

alistairlee

Re: Best Practices (Guidelines) for incoming Video from Vendors?

I would definitely recommend checking out the recording of the Best Practices User Group meeting where Peter Ryce (Connect Pro Evangelist) stepped through some best practices around using video in Connect Pro.

Part II sounds more applicable to you since it deals with pre-recorded video for use in a share pod:
http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p46028128/

Part I dealt primarily with using video in a camera & voice pod and is available here:
http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p36159796/

#3 2009-08-24 12:37:00

**_pjewett_**

Re: Best Practices (Guidelines) for incoming Video from Vendors?

Thanks Alistair

Yes I have watched this great video by Peter Ryce and it was very helpful but still left me with some questions. I just watched it again but didn't catch anything that would answer them specifically but it's entirely possible I am missing something in it that would allow me to infer what the answers would be.

I work for a book publisher in NYC and we have several Sales Conferences every year (and other events) where our Sales people present our titles. They put a lot of work into their videos and of course demand the best quality possible when presenting them through Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro. We use the hosted product and will have close to 100 Sales Reps from all over the country connecting to the meeting room with their own, home DSL & Cable connections.

While Peter's video has empowered me to work with these files when they come in it didn't get much into what I should ask of our vendors who provide these videos in their "raw" format.

I see that their are many, many supported formats but are their any that are preferred? ie., MPEG4, .MOV, etc.? I've read that I should request that they be provided "uncompressed."

Should I be asking for the highest resolution possible from the vendor? We absolutely must play these videos full screen...remembering that our audience is viewing from home and "typically" on a 17 inch monitor.

What about video length? 5 minutes, 10? 20? At what point are we really pushing it?

Lastly I'd like to learn more about the 3rd Party Companies mentioned in the video that will serve the video for you...like Vital Stream. Where can I learn more about them and how they can help our situation?

Thanks!

Board footer