Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-11 15:09:41

**_ncaafootballfreak_**

Uploading SWF files that rely on other files - breeze-manifest.xml?

Hello everyone,

I have an SWF file that relies on a "content" folder.  When I try to zip both the SWF and the content folder, the only file that is uploaded is the SWF.  What would I need to do to get Connect to recognize the other files and upload them as well?  Would I need to create a breeze-manifest.xml file?

Thanks!

#2 2009-08-11 18:23:48

**_mark2741_**

Re: Uploading SWF files that rely on other files - breeze-manifest.xml?

This scenario has been a thorn in people's sides for years now. The workaround is you have to wrap your main swf in an html file then you can use external files at runtime.

In simpler terms:

1. Publish your swf file along with an html file that is named index.html.
2. ZIP the swf, any 'content' folder/files, and index.html file up into the same .zip file.
3. Upload to Connect.

When you access it now it will work. Problem is (at least for me) is that it will resize to a pretty small window size by default.

mark
www.elearninglive.com

#3 2009-08-12 14:48:04

alistairlee

Re: Uploading SWF files that rely on other files - breeze-manifest.xml?

I had the same issue when I created the MP3 player - which relies on an XML file to read in the song URL's, titles, and artists.

One of our Connect Pro System Engineers gave me a very small actionscript file that solved the problem.  I've uploaded the file here:
http://www.connectusers.com/x/URLUtils.as

Make sure it's in the same directory as your SWF and use the following syntax to locate the file:
URLUtils.convertURL("filename")

For example, I used the following to load in an XML file that was ZIPPED up with my SWF:

xml.load(URLUtils.convertURL("songs.xml", this));

Board footer