Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-10 13:20:55

**_timlee40_**

sudden font substitution

Hi everyone,

I've been extensively using Presenter 7 for a while now (even finding suitable workarounds with all the bugs), but I am completely baffled and stumped by the recent publishing glitch I ran into.

I've been using this font called "Futura Md BT", and it published fine multiple times before. However, after a couple weeks, Presenter started substituting the font and completely offsetting formatting of the powerpoint. 

I've tried looking into XML files and even publishing from other computers (published fine without the substitution). So it just seems to be a problem on my computer, but I have no idea how to get it properly working again.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Tim

#2 2009-08-11 11:07:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: sudden font substitution

Try saving as a PPT (not a PPTX) and publishing locally. Then upload the zip of the presentation to your content library and see if that resolves the font issue.

#3 2009-08-11 11:52:40

**_timlee40_**

Thanks, but saving to a PPT 2003 and publishing to a local file is what we usually do (since we deliver the zip file to clients and they upload it to their learning management system).

Would it be worth it to directly mess with the XML files in the theme directory? I do remember moving my particular theme to the C:\Adobe\Themes directory. If this has nothing to do with the font issue, please let me know.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

#4 2009-08-11 13:02:20

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

This article may be of some assistance. It may be because you moved the theme from its location of origin:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/187/tn_18722.html

Board footer