Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-03 10:50:00

**_wortdog_**

Fast Fail issues since turning on SSL for the FMS on V7 SP3

Hi all,

We've started getting fast fails since turning on SSL.  Everything will be fine for about 2-3 days, and then about 4-5 minutes into a larger meeting, users will typically experience fast fails every 5-10 seconds.  Mac users (including myself) are actually experiencing a hang of the Adobe plugin when this starts to happen.

It usually seems confined to a single process, usually an FMSEdge that's using a lot more memory than normal (around 120-140mb).  I called up Adobe and had a tech go through the config, he had me force the processes to bind to the actual external IP of the host instead of listening to all interfaces.  That had zero effect.

Everything is fine if I restart the processes every evening, but that isn't ideal.

Any ideas?

#2 2009-08-14 10:56:31

**_JVargason_**

Re: Fast Fail issues since turning on SSL for the FMS on V7 SP3

We had the same problem.  Adobe recommended putting adaptor.xml and vhost.xml back to their default settings.  From there you will want to install a program called STUNNEL and Adobe should have a configuration file for you to use with it. 

Modify the configuration file with your cert and your settings and it should work fine.  It is a bug with Connect's software SSL that apparently doesn't impact everybody (I don't know how but I'm going by what they have said).

Getting the right person to help on the Help Line is the key...

#3 2009-08-14 11:30:13

**_wortdog_**

Yes, connectguy contacted me about the issue and should be sending some instructions for Stunnel shortly.

#4 2009-08-17 22:02:30

**_connectguy_**

I reached out to JVargason and walked through the Stunnel setup. 
I'll be reaching out to you shortly wortdog.

Cheers,
Brad

Board footer