Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-22 10:32:44

**_sakarin_**

Adobe Connect use video conferencing H.323 or H324 ?

Connect use video conferencing H.323 or H324 ?

#2 2009-07-27 14:32:52

alistairlee

Re: Adobe Connect use video conferencing H.323 or H324 ?

No - it doesn't support those formats natively within the product, but you can stream them in fairly easily using a capture card.

We do exactly that at Adobe.  Here's a quick video tutorial of how to hook up your video conferencing system through Connect Pro.
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … videoconf/

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2009-11-13 17:46:46

**_marius_**

Seriously?

This could not be marketed as an "integration or support" for H323?

You are only connecting with a secondary PC to the video codec with legacy connectors to either use the Microphone and Camera in the room, or you can RECIEVE a conversation from the video system and distribute it to the Connect-users, but they cannot talk back as there are no audio FROM Connect-platform to video platform?

What about presentation sharing over H.239?

For other users, watch the video above and make up your own mind, but I'm sorry, this was not impressive if you expect to be able to communicate (not only eavesdrop) on a VC-call.

Are there any plans of a gateway towrds standard based H323 world?

Sorry for the "negative" tone, I'm very impressed with all the stuff that can be done in flash etc here, but having some normal (quite expensive) video systems used frequently we would expect that a software-based solution can talk to them as well.

#4 2009-11-13 18:28:48

**_BCCAresearch_**

That is the only available option right now; unless you create a custom pod that would accept those protocols. Which would be worth some money in resale.

The propsed setup isn't as lame as it sounds either. Following the very simple, some would say obvious tutorial, you will get a lot more life out of the rather overpriced and generally underused VC equipment. Multipoint VC is only starting to become viable using terminals like the one in the tutorial, they are almost exclusively point to point and very proprietary. The tutorial shows how to bridge the two technologies and bring more of your staff into those meetings through their web browser.

Given the pricing of equipment, our organization created 5 board room setups using ACP for the price of a single room using traditional Video conferencing and we get much more functionality out of it.

Any experience I've had with VC left me completely underwhelmed. You need to let go of your sentiment held for traditional Video calls.

Board footer